Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have a problem with my central locking.
Basically, the front doors do not unlock or lock when pressing the key fob, but the rest of the car does.

If i turn the key in the drivers door, all doors can be locked or unlocked - except the other front door.

If i try to lock the whole car with the key fob and the front doors are unlocked, the locks go down on the other doors and then pop back up.

Does anyone know what the problem could be?
I tried to take a door card off to take a look and there doesnt appear to be any way to get to the locks. They are behind a plastic screen of some kind.

If i could get this sorted then that would really make my year.

Many thanks,
BAX

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a Cav Gsi years ago that had this problem. Turned out it was a faulty central locking motor in one of the front doors. Dont know if it is the same problem but maybe worth checking them out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that.

Getting in to the door seems to be complicated though. Also, the drivers side window has a little forward backward play, which may indicate that all is not well inside the door.

Can i get access by just unscrewing the latch from the side end of the door? - like enough to get some tourch light and wd40 to the lock cylinder?

Regards,
BAX.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts