Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Could anyone help passenger door central locking has stopped working, could it be a lose wire or has the solanoid packed up. Is it a big job to change and is it expensive?.I also have the rear bushes to change, I think these are trailing arm bushes,this is for mot, but there are 4 bushes, but the bloke at mot station has not said top or bottom , dose anyone know which they might be , surley there is one set that wears more than the other , or will it be change them all. thanks Chris

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
The lock unit has failed, or more precisely a miniature standard microswitch inside the lock.
IIRR a new lock unit was about £45.

If you dismantle the lock, by drilling the hollow rivets that the screws go through, you can replace the microswitch.

The lock comes out fairly easily if you remove the door trim, and have reasonably small mobile hands to disconnect the links.

I bought one new lock, dismantled the old one, and then got a supply of microswitches. The VX ones have a rubber seal, the cheap ones don't, so they only last a couple of years, as opposed to about 5 for the original.

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I didn't reply to the bushes question. I can't remember for sure, but I think ours was the top one. You can buy a tool made by LASER for bush removal and replacement on the car. I imagine that any motorfactor can order it. They are on eBay for about £30, but the postage is always dear.
You will not change them without a tool to press them in and out.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANKS FOR THE REPLYS , IF ANYONE ELSE HAS ANY IDEA,S IT WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

Thanks Chris ,,, Sorry for the Caps:beer:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts