Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a debate at work that needs settling,between the cdx and sri...what are the main differences between the 2, is the cdx the better spec than the sri or vise versa...to me there isn't much difference, cdx has a few more toys.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
Are we talking pre-facelift?

CDX has rear electric windows, different seats, think SRi came with spoiler and CDX didn't, did SRi get cruise? CDX did.

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Care to even expand as to what model of car you're talking about? :lmao:
just in general really, but mines a p reg and he wants to buy an sri on ebay same reg...just wanted to know which is better, as he is a competitive arguementative f**ker.
i like the easy life

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
as standard the cdx has a lot more toys where the sri has different suspension and a mild bodykit. the cdx is by far the higher spec car (i've had both). it goes further than the obvious like the rear e/w. i've had some low spec sri's which have pretty much nothing. front e/w, pas and thats about it. cdx has a/c, cruise control, steering wheel stereo controls, different interior light, courtesy lights in the door bottoms, t/c, trip computer, dual lumbar seats, vanity mirror lights, alloys (i think they're standard on cdx but i know they're not on sri) and a load of other stuff i cant remember. if you want a decent spec then buy a cdx and stick an sri bodykit on it. suspension will depend if you want to pretend to be a racer or if you want a decent ride.

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
just to add - a lot of that is an option on sri's and later ones had a/c anyway, i think but the point stands that the cdx is a lot higher spec in basic trim.

·
Premium Member
5,296 Posts
as standard the cdx has a lot more toys where the sri has different suspension and a mild bodykit. the cdx is by far the higher spec car (i've had both). it goes further than the obvious like the rear e/w. i've had some low spec sri's which have pretty much nothing. front e/w, pas and thats about it. cdx has a/c, cruise control, steering wheel stereo controls, different interior light, courtesy lights in the door bottoms, t/c, trip computer, dual lumbar seats, vanity mirror lights, alloys (i think they're standard on cdx but i know they're not on sri) and a load of other stuff i cant remember. if you want a decent spec then buy a cdx and stick an sri bodykit on it. suspension will depend if you want to pretend to be a racer or if you want a decent ride.
a lot of what you have mentioned above i have on my R (97) vectra v6 SRi

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the cdx is by far the higher spec car
so i take it the cdx is the top of the range,without modifications........ i like both mind, if i was allowed we'd have both:D

·
xbox enthusiast
1,531 Posts
cdx had climate control as opposed to normal air con.... better seats passenger airbag 6 disc cd changer in the glovebox cruise control etc... the cdx is the better car mate has a 97 cdx mum has a 97 sri the sri is cack.

·
Premium Member
17,488 Posts
cdx had climate control as opposed to normal air con.... better seats passenger airbag 6 disc cd changer in the glovebox cruise control etc... the cdx is the better car mate has a 97 cdx mum has a 97 sri the sri is cack.
Only 1997 CDX's cars got Climate - earlier ones got AC

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
my 97(R) V6 SRi has alloy wheels, air con, map lights, rear grab lights, kerb lights, light-up vanity mirrors, front leccy windows, manual sunroof, cup holders, arm rest, leather steering wheel, steering wheel stereo controls, fuel computer, electric wing mirrors, front fog lights, rear spoiler and remote Central locking with total closure. I think thats about it.

·
Dave
3,886 Posts
My p reg 2.5 V6 CDX has .............
Alloys, Air con, Rear grab lights, Kerb lights, Front and rear e/w, Cruise control, Lights on the vanity mirrors, Electric sunroof, Trip computer, Dual lumbar seats, Passenger airbag, Electric wing mirrors, Heated wing mirrors, Heated seats, Leather seats and Fog lights

Im sure there is abit more but carnt think of them at the moment
As far as im aware the CDX is highist spec for toys

·
Still proud to be a
4,111 Posts
Yep cdx is toytastic, im not at all keen on that fake wood trim though.

Ive always thought it this way, cdx is toy based, sri is style based, gsi is both combined.

·
Premium Member
1,673 Posts
my cdx had a Traction control button. a mates sri didn't have it.

he had traction control he just couldn't turn it off which i could. is this the same on everyone else's cdx/sri?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts