Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The problem is that the message 'PHONE' is on the display panel. Nothing will get rid of it. This stays on even with keys out of the ignition. The radio/cd player does not operate at all. My grandad says the message came up when it rained heavily, and he also noticed the passenger footwell was damp.

The battery was flat today (possibly due to the display and cd player lights being on all the time). I put a new battery on, entered the code into the cd player and the message 'PHONE' came up straight away.

Is it likely that the water that has got into the footwell has got into the cd player? If not, does anyone know how to get the phone mesage off? I've tried what it says in the audio manual, but nothing works at all.

edit : the cd player is in a cdx Omega if that helps. Also there is a handsfree attachment on the side of the dash with 3 wires coming off it and they go into the centre console.

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
edit : the cd player is in a cdx Omega if that helps. Also there is a handsfree attachment on the side of the dash with 3 wires coming off it and they go into the centre console.
try disconnecting the phone kit as one of the wires would switch the radio over to the phone,or traffic master if fitted

·
Premium Member
923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
try disconnecting the phone kit as one of the wires would switch the radio over to the phone,or traffic master if fitted
You mean discoonect it from wherever it goes to behind the centre console don't you? :cry: I'm no good at taking dash boards apart, I end up ripping bits off in frustration :shake

I'll give it a go anyhow.........Anyone got a spare omega centre console from when I destroy this 1? :lmao:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
try switching the ignition, removing the key from the ignition so that the set switches off

then

1. with all switched off and the keys removed hold in the AS button for 10 seconds

2. put the key in (still holding in the AS button), and switch on the ignition,

3. hold the AS button in for a further 5 seconds,

the set should beep and the display should look some thing like this

10 - - - -

enter the radio code, then press and hold in the AS button again.

this will have reset the unit and may solve your problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If this doesn't work try disconnecting power to radio, pulling out the fuse is easiest, leave it for 10 mins then try the above mentioned.

Worked for me !

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
try switching the ignition, removing the key from the ignition so that the set switches off

then

1. with all switched off and the keys removed hold in the AS button for 10 seconds

2. put the key in (still holding in the AS button), and switch on the ignition,

3. hold the AS button in for a further 5 seconds,

the set should beep and the display should look some thing like this

10 - - - -

enter the radio code, then press and hold in the AS button again.

this will have reset the unit and may solve your problem.
Would following this procedure help with a display thats not working for some reason after fitting a CDR500 in an astra F with external display. Someone's mentioned about different digits, 8/10, tried the holding buttons down "3&5" but to no avail, may try the AS button procedure you mention see what happens, i have the code, so should be ok.

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
Would following this procedure help with a display thats not working for some reason after fitting a CDR500 in an astra F with external display. Someone's mentioned about different digits, 8/10, tried the holding buttons down "3&5" but to no avail, may try the AS button procedure you mention see what happens, i have the code, so should be ok.
the 8/10 digits thing is true

ill have a look in the vectra audio handbook when i get to my mums tonight ;)

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Sorted now Dave:up: It was presets 4 and 6 i needed to hold down, not 3 and 5. There are a few different combinations apparently. All working fine and dandy now :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts