Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. I've bought a vectra 06 plate with cd70 sat nav but there is no disc. Sat nav screen is blank so though I needed to buy disc. I bought original map disc 2008/2009 and put it in. I twirled round for ages but did nothing. I've checked the software version and says 2005. Do I need to buy the original 2005 disc to get it to work? Surely old version should be working or is it that the sat nav part has had it?
New to built in sat nav so don't know if now buying an upgrade disc will get it working.
Also silly question.... Do I have to keep the map disc in at all times once/if I finally get it working? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
13,278 Posts
OK I have a 56 Vectra C 1.9cdti SRI NAV, mine came with the original disc in the bottom cd slot, this is the Sat Nav slot and the top cd slot plays cd's and MP3's burnt to a disc, after a few coasters of discs I now have the 2014/2015 maps running that I got from a unmentionable site, the Sat Nav disc has to be in the drive permanent it reads from the disc as well as using the cars GPS aerial for your position, can you get in to the secret menu and see what firmware it is running, you may need to update the firmware, the disc is available to order from Vauxhall for around £10.

I think you keep the Sound button and Info pressed until you hear a beep and it will display on the screen Testmode on, scroll through the text on the screen until you find the firmware date, don't change anything, then press Sound and Info button until you hear a beep and it will display Testmode Off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have done that and took pictures. The software date is 01.07.2005 and when i clicked for 'Hardware' I dont see a date. so if i buy the update disc then put my 2009/2010 version back in it should all be working? Thanks in advance for your response

1 - 4 of 4 Posts