Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

CD400 No Bluetooth?

20K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  0011728 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,

Last night i purchased an Insignia SRI which has a CD400 stereo installed. So far very pleased except for the fact the stereo offers phone, yet when pressed only mutes or unmutes the audio. Now there is a bury universal phone holder attached to the central console. This unfortunately is too small for my phone. However when connected or disconnected the phone function disengages. I believe this is related to the 'Phone Portal'? However there are no settings in the main display called 'Phone Settings'. A lot of people are saying that this stereo didnt come with bluetooth as standard, even though the manual talks about this being an integral part and never says optional extra. Am I missing something and if so what?

Do i need to buy some ridiculously expensive OEM Bluetooth Upgrade from a 3rd Party like Ray smith? Or does vauxhall have a solution?

#5 ·
Thats great ive seen the upgraded versions namely, Parrot MKi9200 and Parrot MKi9000. I thought they may be through stereo and have considered this. The option i mentioned earlier in the thread only offers the ability to do this through the original screen system. Personally i do not mind having the additional equipment but i guess it becomes an each to their own. I like the idea of the parrot too because my old car has a Pioneer stereo with a parrot system built in as standard. To be honest id love to transfer the stereo but i dont know if it is possible, easy enough to do. Oh the joys of advancing from the far more simple vectra to an insignia haha.

#6 ·
I appreciate that this is quite an old post,but I too have just purchased a 2011 sri 4x4, again handbook says should be bluetooth enabled but it isn't,doesn't, much to my annoyance .
I have spoken to one dealer who says there should be an update on SBS( don't know what that is) but they are only an authorised repairer and are no longer a dealer so they say they need a software update. But my car is a 2011 so surly they should be capable?
The other dealer outright said no cant do it £1000 to change headunit.
Money doesn't grow on trees and even that the car is 10years old it's my new car and have no more money to spend,wether it's stealers or aftermarket. Help please

#7 ·
What help. Either comes from factory with it or its not gonna happen.
Do you really think manufacturer’s print owners book vehicle specific? What Earth do you guys live into? Manual its all generic. Covers all possible options and options are money specific. You didn’t buy it its not fitted and you will NEVER have it.

#9 ·
It can be retrofitted but think it's around £300. You'll need to contact these guys

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.