Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya I have a vauxhall zafira 08. It has the original cd30 in. The radio date time temp all fine. But it's not allowing me to put in a cd. It says no cd in there. I tried forcing one in and it must of went in wrong place coz still saying no cd. I managed to get it out. But what could be wrong with it? It's doing my heading listening to radio every day.

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
When you put the cd in does the motor fire up to take the disc in or is it just dead .

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes makes noise as if taking reading and rejecting disk. U just can't physically put a disk in there. Been like it since I bought the car 2 yes ago.

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
Yes makes noise as if taking reading and rejecting disk. U just can't physically put a disk in there. Been like it since I bought the car 2 yes ago.
Are you sure there’s not a cd already inside that’s got stuck ?

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I av no idea but I got one stuck yesterday and managed to get it out. Think it when in wrong place though as still said no disk. I took stereo out but no way of getting the front off to see. But like I said it's been like it since I bought it. I've tried reading the manuals says fuk all. Tried Google nothing comes up. I seen that the cd40 as security and hold eject 8 seconds and it works but I tried that didn't work. Not they programmed to car ain't they? So how can u buy a 2nd hand one. And the space to big to just buy a normal one?

·
13,370 Posts
Loads of second hand ones on eBay for not a lot of money.
They are paired ("married") to the display unit so best to change as a pair.
If you have or have access to the correct equipment you can divorce your CD30 from your car and marry it to a replacement PROVIDED you have the security code for your car AND the donor, otherwise just go for a matched pair.

·
13,370 Posts
Make sure you get one from the same year if you can from a Zafira or Astra, just makes life simpler.

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have absolutely no idea what you mean. All my other cars I've just bought a cd player plugged it in and worked. Why do vauxhall have to be so awkward lol. I haven't got the code for the car either. If my car wasn't on finance I'd go buy a new one less hassle lol

·
Super Moderator
26,658 Posts
I have absolutely no idea what you mean. All my other cars I've just bought a cd player plugged it in and worked. Why do vauxhall have to be so awkward lol. I haven't got the code for the car either. If my car wasn't on finance I'd go buy a new one less hassle lol
It’s not Vauxhall being awkward as most cars are now on the Robert Bosch Can Bus system , think of it like the human body you can’t just go changing parts without the body accepting those parts .
Basically Can Bus means less wiring , the parts communicate with each other along Can Bus signal wires . The cd30 was fitted at the factory with the LED display, for both to work they were paired together at the factory so they can communicate with each other . So if you change out your present cd30 for say another cd30 the LED display will not be able to communicate with the replacement cd30 until you pair them up . As Koicarpkeeper says it may be easier to buy a cd30 with its LED display then you just swap both parts over & your up & running .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts