Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, is there anyway to connect a aux lead to the standard cd30 head unit? I have a handfree parrot system connected up to radio of the ignition live wire, but wondered can I retro fit a aux connection or do I have to buy a different radio? Just didn't want to lose the steering wheel controls.
Car is a 05 Astra 1.9cdti 16v

·
Registered
222 Posts
I believe there are two marques of CD30 (not including the CD30MP3), one with, and one without the Aux connection at the rear. It's probably pot luck at the factory at 1655 on a Friday as to which one you have.
You'll be having the stereo out one way or another, so you may as well pop it out and have a look. You'll then know if you just need the aux lead or a new stereo.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think I got the aux lead unit:( how much is a replacement unit, do you need tech 2 to connect a cd30 unit to the car?

·
Registered
160 Posts
All this is prob gonna cost £100+ by the time you buy a different used stereo and have it coded etc. Then you gotta fit it. It's a pain mate...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been looking on gumtree for head units, some got screens other haven't, but yeah they seem to be £80+ and most are piano black :( been looking at getting a parrot, the one that is MP3 enabled, might be an easier option

·
Registered
160 Posts
Fitting the stereo is easy (sept for coding), the clock is a little more involved. If you don't do that work yourself the price is going up again. I know you wanna keep the clock and controls but if you really need Bluetooth etc you might get more overall for your money with an aftermarket one...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got a parrot ck3100 and it was pretty simple to install and it's brilliant, much clearer than the Mercedes system that's in my works sprinter, I was looking on eBay earlier and the mki9200s are going for around £100 second hand, do you know if they are harder to install than my parrot ck3100 that I already have?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts