Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I bought a second hand astra H and I'm having some troubles with the radio and display. The radio is working as I can listen CDs and radio FM. However the BID screen seems to be freezed because when the radio is on it doesn't change.

I have checked the erros with OPCOM v1.59 and when I check the presence of the interfaces, the OPCOM says that the Electronic Head Unit isn't present. The errors I am having are:

• U2201-00 CAN-Bus No Communication With the EHU (Entertainment Head Unit)
  • B2585-00 Front Left Parking Lamp Circuit Malfunction
  • P0500-74 Vehicle Speed Signal Range/Performance
  • B3055-00 Transponder Key Problem
  • B3649-04 Steering Wheel Scroll Wheel Left Circuit Open
I also have deleted all the fault codes and drived for a 20 minutes trip. I have also check if the fuses and they all seem to be ok.

The car has the Z17DTH engine.

This problem is freaking me out, I hope you can help me solving this.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
14,210 Posts
You could try a battery reset, pull the battery earth lead off for 30 minutes and see if that reboots the screen, did you have the stereo switched on when you scanned the car, if its off you will get a no comms fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have pull the battery off and wait more than 30 minutes and the problem persists.

I have also test with the radio switched on. If you try to enter into the EHU module the OPCOM says that there is no communication. However, I can enter into de DIS module and program the code index for the screen.

Thank you for that fast answering

·
Premium Member
14,210 Posts
Have you pulled the stereo out to check the wiring, with a no comms fault you either have a damaged Canbus wire or the head unit is faulty.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How can I check the wiring? I think that it's the CAN BUS.

If not, must be the radio head unit.

Thank you

·
Premium Member
14,210 Posts
Have you pulled the stereo to make sure none of the wires have been cut from a previous install of maybe a aftermarket stereo or phone kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Premium Member
14,210 Posts
These 2 wires here, the Green and White wires are the Mid speed Canbus wires and look intact, do you know anyone with the same car/stereo
So next you need to pull the display, i would suspect its the display thats faulty more than the stereo, im sure the canbus wires from the stereo go to the display then onto the diagnostic port, if you have no comms with the stereo then it may be down to a faulty display..
You can pick up a matching set (Stereo and Display) on Ebay.

Inked20170415_220915_LI.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, seems to be both faulty... I will try to test the BID with another CD30 if I can find someone with the same car. However, I couldn't do this until a couple of weeks, maybe more.

Also I will write back with the news about the UEC.

Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
News...

The UEC cleaning was unsuccessful, the Radio and the EHU are still not present. I will try to install another friend's radio who has the same car. I will post news as soon as possible.

Thank you!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
News back...

I have tryed with another CD30 and the screen still works, after a few seconds of installing the friends CD30, it shows display safe. Because it isn't unpaired and so.

Now I am looking for a new radio to place it in. I have access to a CD50 with phone which isn't divorced but the seller is looking for the CAR PASS. The thing is that my car has a CD30 with a BID display and I don't know if I can fit the CD50 with this screen. Also, I don't know if I can divorce the sellers radio with OPCOM + CD50 CARPASS.

Can someone help me out?

Thank you so much!!

·
Premium Member
14,210 Posts
The answer is no, the stereo will be paired to the display that was in the same car it came from so unless you get the display as well you wont be able to divorce it.. you could find someone local to you that can remove and read the Eeprom from the stereo and then 'clear' it of its security code.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts