Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a corsa 1.0 2001 , i have purchased a new cd player, have removed the standard cassette player, purchased new fascia , the plug in the car for the wires prevents me from sliding the new stereo all the way back to be flush with the fascia, it just wont fit......what do i do?

appreciate any help with this...........:cry:

·
VxON's only German Shepherd
6,939 Posts
Can the plug be pushed back and down in a gap? I don't know what corsa dashes are like but usually there's room for the plug to be tucked down under the space. You are using a new stereo cage I take it and not the vaux one which holds the plug in position?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure about the cage, doesnt seem to come out, i think there is a similar gap underneath where the plugs are now, can i push the plug back? and fit it in there? what dya reckon?

·
6,939 Posts
If it's the std cage then it's made to fit the std stereo and wold have had the plug set in the back of the cage however it almost certainly won't be in the right place for an after market unit. Take the std cage out by looking around the inside of the cage at the front and you'll see points where tabs are raised to hold it into the dash. Careful use of a few small screwdrivers will get it out. Then fit the cage your stereo came with and the plug will sit below or above the stereo.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just noticed on the std cage is a funny looking star shaped screw?? ??? holding it in place aswell, how do i get that out? and by the way i really appreciate this mate...thanx alot....

·
6,939 Posts
is the screw at the back in the centre? There's a fixing point there but I've never actually seen it being used. At a guess it's a torx bit you need to remove it. Available from helfrauds or any other motor factors.

·
6,939 Posts
you could try but if it's in tight you'll only round it off if whatever you're using slips. Best to get the right tool

1 - 12 of 12 Posts