Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Omega 2.0 Auto CD estate I want to put a CD changer in My boot will the wires be present I read that they are where the first aid kit is on some Omegas? Also is any Cd changer compatible with the CDR 500 head unit fitted as standard in My car? as I have seen some nice and cheap ones on Ebay. Is it a big job to fit 1? Please help:mmmm

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
Am I right in thinking the CDR500 is a single slot cd player? Don't think that one is CD changer compatible.

Standard location in saloon is bolted to floor behind first aid panel.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it is a single slot Cd Player I have just had a look for the wires behind that panel and cant find them what do the look like?

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
The cables going to it come over wheelarch, and are cable tied through the holes over the wheelarch. I can't get to plug without moving CD Player, but the cables are laced together and there are what look like 2 thin coax cables (black) and 2 power cables (red and brown/red) in the bundle.

You can just see cables in photo below - cable tied to bodywork, then disappearing behind player.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
CCR600 which is CD changer compatible (CAR400 fitted to some Omegas isn't). Doubt your CDR500 is.

Someone told me once that first 3 letters of these stereos should what it could play:
CAR - Cassette & Radio
CCR - Cassette, CD & Radio
CDR - CD & Radio

He could have been talking ******, but it sounded feasible to me....

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Think Im going to give up on a changer. If I put a smart Mp3 player in the front how will effect the display on that screen by the clocks where the standard radio/Cd player displays information?

L

·
0 Posts
This is really a car audio thread, hence why I have moved this. :)

To keep the display on the MID you would need an adaptor, which is both expensive (£40+) and is really not worth it.
You would also face the problem of actually fitting it in back there (space is rather "limited")

While fitting an MP3 headunit is a good idea, be careful what you buy.
If you are unsure what to go for, ask here, there is a wealth of knowledge to help you make the right choice for your budget. :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just use my iPod with FM Transmitter....Works a treat and all you need is a radio!

If you really want to go for an MP3 head-unit then Blaupunkt do some nice ones that can utilise the display in your vauxhall......Take a look at bluespot.co.uk for models and prices....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts