Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Edit) THE CAR IS NOW BEING BROKEN. ALL PARTS AVALIABLE!!!

For sale is my 1993, Satin Red, 2.0L 16v Cavalier.

M.O.T 19th July 2007

Tax 31/10/06

Im off to sunny Korfu on monday then im going to Univesity :)beer: ) so i can no longer afford my beloved Cavalier:cry:

The car has covered 138000 miles. The engine has only covered 78000 miles as it wasnt the original redtop that was fitted.
The first engine broke due to a valve guide breaking and falling on top of the piston, not good. Now it has a better engine fitted.
It had all new all round disks and pads for the last M.O.T

ENGINE

Runs as sweet as a nut.
Fully rebuilt at 60000 miles.
When re-built the head had its ports polished and it was gas flowed.
ITG Foam air filter (sounds great)
Cam belt changed Less than a 1000 miles ago along with the rollers and water pump.
The engine had a new clutch, gaskets, oil and oil filter, oil and coolant hoses and fluids (power steering, brake etc..) when it was fitted to my car.
Stainless steel rocker cover bolts
Powerflow Stainless steel backbox

I do have an uprated exhaust manifold, lightend flywheel and a full (shocks and springs) Jamex suspension kit (-40mm) which are not fitted but are included in the sale.

INTERIOR

Standard SRi interior.
Good condition for age
NO carpet (thats how i brought it)
Panasonic CD/MP3 4x50 watt Sterio
In Phase 6x9's 400watt each

EXTERIOR

Satin Red metalic paint.
No major damage just the usual little scatches and dings for a car of this age.
Rear arches nearly rust free. some early signs but can be caught easily.
Small amount of rust on the top windscreen sill.

WHEELS

At the moment its on 17" BK Racing alloys with 4 decent tyres. I have sold these for £250 but i will sell them with the car if the buyer is willing to pay the same amount. If so they also get the standard wheels free.
If not the car will be on the standard 'fan' alloys. Two decent tyres, 2 barely legal tyres (they will get you home though)

I have loads of extra bits and bobs for the car from a remote engine start kit down to 1/2 a bottle of t-cut that the buyer can have if wanted.

Price: £700

The buyer must preferably collect but i can meet half way if you ask nicely and cover petrol!

For some reason i cant put pics up but i will bung them on another site shortly and post the link.

Im sure ive forgoten something so feel free to ask questions. I will be happy to answer them as honestly as posible.

Thankyou

Simon

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok it looks like its a bit to late to sell the car b4 i go away so it looks like i will have to sell it wen im back (25/09/06).

Does anyone think im asking to much as i havnt had one post on my thread about the car?

If you do leave a post or P.M me i will reply, as im sure the country of italy has found the invention which is the internet, and i will check as much as possible when im out there.

·
Premium Member
13,310 Posts
are people worried about recent post ref wires and looms burning out??

is this all fixed??.

G

·
are people worried about recent post ref wires and looms burning out??

is this all fixed??.
i think its a bit pricey plus you are taking the wheels off it and for the comment about the wiring makes people a little worried but thats just me

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Im off to sunny Korfu on monday

red cavi's rule said:
If you do leave a post or P.M me i will reply, as im sure the country of italy has found the invention which is the internet, and i will check as much as possible when im out there.
Isn't Corfu a Greek island?

I was gonna mention the wiring loom. if it's been fixed, it's a nice car from the couple of times i've seen it, although IMO, for that money, the 17s would need to go with it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yes i got the wiring loom sorted.

it is a good car and your gettin loads of extras. the suspension kit, exhast manifold and sterio alone are worth a fair bit!

I could be persuaded to drop the price 2 £650 for a quick sale!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Isn't Corfu a Greek island?

I was gonna mention the wiring loom. if it's been fixed, it's a nice car from the couple of times i've seen it, although IMO, for that money, the 17s would need to go with it.
oh and yes Corfu is a Greek island. opps!:think

·
Time for the Guru
2,695 Posts
Do you have any better pic's yet?
Also do you have any close up of the rust areas?
Mike

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think im gona break it now. more people seem interested in the parts.

Just tell me wat u want and we can arage a price.

Thanks peps.

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
what colour is the interior Simon? if it's black, i'll take nearly every bit of interior plastic there is (bar the dash)

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Sorry mate its the grey slanted stripe interior. u dont fancy another engine do u?
engine would be no good to me chap as there's a lovely V6 sat under my bonnet now!

all grey plastic trim i presume then? :cry:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts