Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...are they all the same or is there a difference between facelift and pre-facelift. I sold some a couple of months ago and have been told they don't fit... as far as I am aware aside from obviously being handed a Cavalier rear window motor is a Cavalier window motor.

Thanks,
Matt.

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
Matt N said:
...are they all the same or is there a difference between facelift and pre-facelift. I sold some a couple of months ago and have been told they don't fit... as far as I am aware aside from obviously being handed a Cavalier rear window motor is a Cavalier window motor.

Thanks,
Matt.
Matt,

They did change the layout of the motas front and back... But the actual connection is the same be it in a different location on the mota, The rears are either a plug fitted to the mota or a tail and then the connector.

This was also carried across to the looms and plugs... have they given a detailed reason for the none fitment?

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
vauxmaster said:
Matt,

They did change the layout of the motas front and back... But the actual connection is the same be it in a different location on the mota, The rears are either a plug fitted to the mota or a tail and then the connector.

This was also carried across to the looms and plugs... have they given a detailed reason for the none fitment?
Thanks for the reply Pete.

I have asked for some pics to confirm that I have sent the correct motors and also asked if he could be more specific as to why they don't fit.

These motors had the wiring on a tail iirc, the main thing I wanted to know was whether the points at which the motors rivet to the doors changed at all as I just assumed they were all the same.

·
8,709 Posts
Matt N said:
Thanks for the reply Pete.

I have asked for some pics to confirm that I have sent the correct motors and also asked if he could be more specific as to why they don't fit.

These motors had the wiring on a tail iirc, the main thing I wanted to know was whether the points at which the motors rivet to the doors changed at all as I just assumed they were all the same.
Then if the motas he original had were the other type this wouldn't be the reason for none fitment! :Cool2:

I haven't come across or heard of rivet locations being changed? they are definately Cav motas and not Carlton ones etc?

·
8,709 Posts
Matt N said:
100% sure they were Cav motors, I haven't broken anything apart from 3 Cav GSi's.
:Cool2:

Will be interesting to hear the reasons then Matt... cannot think of anything else that would effect fitment at all! :mmmm :think

·
Registered
7,992 Posts
im almost certain they will fit thats why there are double holes for them to be riveted in by...

·
8,709 Posts
Tidzy said:
im almost certain they will fit thats why there are double holes for them to be riveted in by...
Never come across a set of window regs that haven't fitted from one model to another... i,e. from a diplomat hatch to a GSi for example. :Cool2:

·
Cavalier Turbo Replica
1,716 Posts
right i put my rear window motors in not long ago, and only 5 of the six rivets lined up as one of the holes was where the winder used to be so the hole was to big if you get me... however 5 is more than enough and they work fine

·
8,709 Posts
*AJO* said:
right i put my rear window motors in not long ago, and only 5 of the six rivets lined up as one of the holes was where the winder used to be so the hole was to big if you get me... however 5 is more than enough and they work fine
That rings a bell from when I did mine... afew yrs back.

although I can only remember using 4 rivet locations when I did mine? :think

EDIT~

Borrowed Sy's pic off eBay!

can see the 4 I mentioned wheres the fifth AJ?

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
i put cav turbo rear motors in my 1990 sri and they work fine - although they do look a bit different they are certainly interchangeable

·
Cavalier Turbo Replica
1,716 Posts
vauxmaster said:
That rings a bell from when I did mine... afew yrs back.

although I can only remember using 4 rivet locations when I did mine? :think

EDIT~

Borrowed Sy's pic off eBay!

can see the 4 I mentioned wheres the fifth AJ?

theres two more near the motor on mine, they look different to them though!

although i can imagine they would rivet the same as mine on the metal plate near the motor :Cool2:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts