Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was chugging along the motorway yesterday when my car alarm went off...but the car continued and all seemed ok...

Stopped to ask directions and the whole car had immobilised and the alarm would no longer accept any form of direction from the key fob (which is defo still working)...

Any thoughts on how I might be able to reset the alarm? It's a cat 1 Clifford. :crying_2:

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
clifford make it so its difficult to work on, needs to go to a clifford dealer really or someone carefully and painsteakingly remove it

Does it have a key operated switch on the alarm sounder and does it have that intellistart

Pm me if it has, other people can read this ;)

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhh, think I have found the problem...explains a lot!!! Removed the glove box today to try and sort out the mass of wires for the stereo etc and voila...there is the main control box for the alarm...(oh and a Pioneer DEQ 9200 Processor/Equaliser woohooo)....

Now I'm no expert but I had a distinct feeling that the unsecured alarm control box shouldnt be unplugged!! Presumably the hole on the motorway had caused the connection to come loose and fall off...hence no response to the key fob etc...

Anyway, I'm back up and running yeehaaa

1 - 4 of 4 Posts