Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been changed a couple of times, now the boot lock is the same key as the drivers door and ignition (at last).

Problem is I think something is missing...to open/unlock the boot you have to insert the key, turn it all the way round and then push...something surely missing from the lock itself, a bar or something? :crying_2:

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Are you saying you turn it 360?

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No mate, it turns about 120 degrees I think...then you can push it in to open it...

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
thats normal aint it? I know mine turns about the same.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought that with the boot unlocked all you would have to do to open it is push the button...you have to put the key in and turn it before pushing...is that normal?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Sounds like either the boot central locking moter is dead or turned off.

If its a saloon, its probably a cut/broken wire that comes up to the lid.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mechanism just doesnt line up, hard to explain really cos I dont know what they would look like normally...

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
get a picture up :)

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You have to use the key to open the boot of a cavalier saloon? you cant just push the button when unlocked?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
its not unlocking, I've already said that. its a common fault on saloons to have frayed or broken wires in the loom as they get caught when opening closing the lid..

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok yeah I can see how it works now...however, is there any way to tell if it's the wiring to the boot release or the boot release itself thats faulty?

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
You can lock and unlock the car from the boot lock also. You may of disabled this feature with your boot release button.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You can lock and unlock the car from the boot lock also. You may of disabled this feature with your boot release button.
Disabled the feature with the boot release button? :think

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was thinking you may of lost the feature. Can you open and lock the car from your boot still.?
Shut the boot it's wont open, end of...locked or not...

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
This has been changed a couple of times, now the boot lock is the same key as the drivers door and ignition (at last).

Problem is I think something is missing...to open/unlock the boot you have to insert the key, turn it all the way round and then push...something surely missing from the lock itself, a bar or something? :crying_2:
Found this pic on my PC Chris, it may help.? Not a brilliant photo, but still.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts