Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Damn thing snapped on me,

I'm trying to remove the old hook piece of the cable that is attached to the clutch pedal but it's proving difficult, am I missing something?

Anybody got any hint's or tip's on how to remove it? :shame:

·
Premium Member
1,657 Posts
As you've found it's a bugger:cry:..................only had to do one and i gave up and got the aa bloke to come out and do it:Cool2:.think you have to twist your hand round the other way and lie under the dash to do it:Cool2:

Errr......sorry not much help:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Yeah, it's just awkward, lay upside-down under the dash if you can fit, you should be able to wiggle it out. It helps to have skinny fingers like me!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies all! :Cool2:

I have managed to force the old end from the pedal, but I cant for the life of me manage to get the new cable end back onto the pedal, I have been using long nose pliers and long screwdrivers to force the beggar in but no joy :shame: Ill give it another go tomorrow! I give up! it's too wet :cry:

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just do what i tend to do nowadays,,,

Take the peddle out :Cool2:
Interesting, is it possible to remove just the clutch pedal on its own? if so, how?

My only concern is tho, the return spring? surely that must be a biatch to put back?

I remember, when I used to work in a garage, I never had this much trouble fitting a clutch cable, no matter what make of car...... the motor is a curse I tell ya! :lmao:

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help all! I managed to sort it In the end!

I had to remove the pedal, I had a wire harness obstructing the bolt which made life extremely difficult but I got there! I would rather pull engine's out all day long instead of needing to do the clutch cable again!!!!

After previously needing both feet to push the clutch down, I am pleased to announce that I have a nice soft clutch pedal for once! :lmao:

Once again, Thank all, really appreciated the constructive input. :Cool2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.