Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
ive got a starting problem on my cavalier 2.0ltr injection(K-REG),when i bought it a few weeks ago it needed new fuel pipes,ive put some new ones on it started but it was a bit lumpy until i got to 5,000 revs and it was ok but as soon as i let go of the throttle it cuts out,so i had a look at the leads and cap the cap look ok but the coil lead was corroded also one of the ht leads so i replaced them,not it wont start,at this minute its turning over and trying to start,but as soon as it try to it carrys on turning,im getting fuel,but when i take one of the spark plugs out i can smell fuel,can anyone help me
thanks
Trev

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cav starting problem

ive check for a spark which i have got,on the dizzy cap they are numbered,but i dont know if thats right,is the No1 is at cambelt end if it is ,also ive checked the timing which is ok,im just wondering if ive got a bent valve or ive got a problem somewhere else,i hope this helps abit more

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
if the spark is there, the fuel is there and the air flow is ok, try resetting the ECU. (disconnect battery for an hour or so)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cav starting problem

i took the battery off and left it overnight to reset the ecu but it didnt work,but it trying to start,so any other info any body can tell me i should try thanks:shame: :cry:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cav starting problem

hi all just to let you know ive got it running,all i did is bought new rotor arm and dizzy,plugs and put them to the correct gap size and just turn the key and off she went,cheers to everyone thanks

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
check that the cols start sensor is plugeed in(on the back of the thermostat housing near the alternator)is blue in colour for non aircon or black with aircon) if it is try replacing it as with that gone the engine wont be able to start when cold

1 - 10 of 10 Posts