Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 210 Posts

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've had this car around 3 months now, she's now running alot better than when I first got her (£100 so I could get to and from work)

one MOT later I'm finding little things that I'm putting right as and when I can.

Done so far

replaced centre section and backbox of the exhaust
replaced nearside rear wheel bearing
balanced and tracked all round
new rocker gasket
repaired radiator (needs replacing though)
replaced rear drivers side door glass
Installed alarm / remote central locking
Replace nearside wing (Thanks to Jelapeno)
Replace offside CV boot
Replace Bonnet (Thanks to Jelapeno)
Replace Tailgate (Thanks to Jelapeno)
Replaced plugs, filters, engine flush, oil (thanks to Yellow Peril)
GSI seats installed (thanks Cavhopper & Spleanless)
Replaced rear arches (to be redone)
Replaced front and rear bumpers (Thanks to Jelapeno)
Replaced front discs & pads
Replaced front calipers
Replaced all shocks
Replaced wishbones
Replaced front ARB Links
Replaced Track Rod Ends
Installed Carlton Electric Sunroof (thanks Jolly Cavalier)
Installed electric areial, and loom.

To do

Replace all bushes
Refit gearbox / line it up correctly
Correct bonnet release
Wash / tcut paintwork
Install rear electric window motors
Clean engine bay up
Upgrade to Vectra / Omega sunroof
Re-connect remote central locking
Install Boot & Bonnet release via solenoid


There are a few tweaks I wish to perform at some point though :Cool2:

Pics to follow shortly
 

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
member no 88
Joined
·
1,736 Posts
or me bud:down:
 

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
naye. aye and um, aye
 

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Andy M said:
http://gary-mckie.magix.net/

Fcuk me sideways lad you aint half got your work cut out there.

That will need a LOT of money to put right all the problems, especially the rear quarter damage and extensive rust
Have to wonder what your original post said... :lmao:

Ben quoted on the rear panels, under £200. And aye, I know I could buy something "better for that" but the question is where...
 

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
link updated.
 

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
If you have some special reason to keep the car and spend all that money on trying to fix it up then fair enough, otherwise mate I would say get rid and buy fresh, way cheaper, and there are plenty of cavaliers on autotrader, ive just looked and theres 2 pages of them under 500 quid alone around the Newcastle area!. theres even a tidy looking cdi on there for 150 quid! and thats less then getting just your panels sorted, have a look mate ;)
 

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
andy88890 said:
If you have some special reason to keep the car and spend all that money on trying to fix it up then fair enough, otherwise mate I would say get rid and buy fresh, way cheaper, and there are plenty of cavaliers on autotrader, ive just looked and theres 2 pages of them under 500 quid alone around the Newcastle area!. theres even a tidy looking cdi on there for 150 quid! and thats less then getting just your panels sorted, have a look mate ;)
We'll have to see won't we... to be honest I do wanna keep going with this one..
 

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
Envoy CDX said:
We'll have to see won't we... to be honest I do wanna keep going with this one..


can understand that if youve got a bond, let me know if you do want to have a look round for one though as I may be able to help out ;)
 

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
andy88890 said:
can understand that if youve got a bond, let me know if you do want to have a look round for one though as I may be able to help out ;)

thanks. never ever name your car :(
 

·
Vxon's Token Geordie
Joined
·
1,348 Posts
Envoy CDX said:
thanks. never ever name your car :(


too late :lmao:

My cav was 'Curtis 4, revenge of Curtis 2, succesor of Curtis 3'

And the Calibra is known as 'Curtis 5 revenge of Curtis 2, succesor of Curtis 3 & 4'






:shame: I'll get me coat
 

·
8v Power!
Joined
·
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
andy88890 said:
too late :lmao:

My cav was 'Curtis 4, revenge of Curtis 2, succesor of Curtis 3'

And the Calibra is known as 'Curtis 5 revenge of Curtis 2, succesor of Curtis 3 & 4'






:shame: I'll get me coat
My car's called Ellie due to my mates comment "bloody ell, look at her go
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,538 Posts
Keep going with it, if you really want to carry on with it then go for it, unlike me where I gave up one day on mine :rolleyes:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
14,579 Posts
But you've gotta ask yourself what your gonna get at the end.

a 1.8L prefacelift cavalier.

Is it really worth the hundreds of pounds of investment?
 
1 - 20 of 210 Posts
Top