Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 Cavalier 1.7 TD that now done 200K+ miles.
Clutch release bearing getting very noisy, had a look at the Haynes manual for the petrol model that I used to have and it all looked very simple, remove the plate from the bell housing and away you go.
Got myself new clutch assembly & bearing, but when I had a look under the motor no removable plate, (next time I'll read the whole section in the manual and also check the motor).
The Haynes manual says about removing subframe then the gearbox.
Has anyone out there changed a clutch on one of these and if so do you have to do as the Haynes manual say's or can you get enough clearance by just moving the gearbox to the side.
Any advise would be apreciated.
Thanks

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
cjs said:
I have a 94 Cavalier 1.7 TD that now done 200K+ miles.
Clutch release bearing getting very noisy, had a look at the Haynes manual for the petrol model that I used to have and it all looked very simple, remove the plate from the bell housing and away you go.
Got myself new clutch assembly & bearing, but when I had a look under the motor no removable plate, (next time I'll read the whole section in the manual and also check the motor).
The Haynes manual says about removing subframe then the gearbox.
Has anyone out there changed a clutch on one of these and if so do you have to do as the Haynes manual say's or can you get enough clearance by just moving the gearbox to the side.
Any advise would be apreciated.
Thanks
Welcome to VxON mate.

I've posted a how2 below, but it's for the box with the inspection covers.

http://www.vauxhallownersnetwork.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43037

You'll have to get your gearbox well out of the way to change yours and unless you know what your doing you maybe better off taking it to an independant garage to get it done.

Mines going to need doing in a few months and I'm not looking forward to it.

·
A tired Vxon user
1,961 Posts
sir_bombalong said:
sorry paul :shame: stole your thunder:shame:
We could do with a new how2 I recone :lmao:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts