Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here uses there Cav td for towing , what are they like is the 1.7 big enough for caravans .
might be planning holidays and I got use of a caravan and i would like to use it ,

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
The old guy that had my old Cav TD before used it for towing caravans quite happily but I never tried towing anything bigger than a Nova with it

C

·
0 Posts
Folks had a Rover 218 turbo diesel for towing a caravan, but it wasn't comfortably up to the job.
They got a 2.0 cdi cavalier, like I had, and it pulled it so much better.
The Rover uses the Peugeot 1900 engine, so if that wasn't too good, can't see the 1700 Vaux being all that hot.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Can tow a huge Brian James transporter with another cav td on, and a dodgy clutch no probs :Cool2:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CallyT said:
Folks had a Rover 218 turbo diesel for towing a caravan, but it wasn't comfortably up to the job.
They got a 2.0 cdi cavalier, like I had, and it pulled it so much better.
The Rover uses the Peugeot 1900 engine, so if that wasn't too good, can't see the 1700 Vaux being all that hot.

lol I had the rover 218 td before i had this cav , i sold the rover because even though they have a bigger engine they are gutless compared to the cav plus the cav ahs a better gear range so i hope it will be ok

C

·
0 Posts
Rastacia said:
lol I had the rover 218 td before i had this cav , i sold the rover because even though they have a bigger engine they are gutless compared to the cav plus the cav ahs a better gear range so i hope it will be ok
Strange, the peugeot engine was about the best and quickest of it's time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts