Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi There, I have a 92 K Cav SRI Hatchback,

The problem i have had for a long time is that I get the strong smell of petrol vapours in the cabin mainly in the rear passenger area which is very uncomfortable in warm days......have looked everywhere but cannot seem to find any leaky areas....any ideas.??

Also sometimes it seems to vent into front area i have noticed when i am driving.......need a few thoughts on it please...

Thanks
Monza

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Have you inspected the tank for leaks. Does these smell get strong when you have over half a tank full of fuel.?

·
Registered
9,487 Posts
Don't very often hear of these problems in the winter!!

As Micky said, the top of the petrol tank is prone to a little leakage as it tends to rust on top.

There are several places it could be leaking from... Any of the fuel pipe connections, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel level sender, etc.

·
Missing the Booooossst!!!! :-(
8,709 Posts
cavtastic said:
Don't very often hear of these problems in the winter!!

As Micky said, the top of the petrol tank is prone to a little leakage as it tends to rust on top.

There are several places it could be leaking from... Any of the fuel pipe connections, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel level sender, etc.
Yep...

Pay particuliar attention to the main feed pipe coming from the side of the tank to the pump at the rear o/s of the car... while ur there have a look to see if the gasket has started leaking as well. :Cool2:

This would tie in with the smell being more noticable in the rear passenger area.

hth...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts