Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, rite, ive had a fuel prob wiv my cav gsi redtop 4 a lil shile now, its been running fine, then 1 day it ran lumpy and cut out, i bled the valve on the fuel rail which was ful of air and then it ran fine again, now it keeps doin this. so ive changed the fuel pump and filter and now it wont fire up at all and all i can get out of the bleed valve is air, ive put everythin on the right way too.
been tryin it all day and now hav a flat battery which is now on charge, wonderd if any of u can help wiv the problem, thank u , Leon

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
What makes you certain its fuel related.? Have you changed something recently related to the fuel system? Standard fuel reg still fitted.?

Have you had the EML show its pretty face? If so, have you checked your fault codes.?

An air leak in the induction can be the cause of similar symptoms, not to mention a poor earth/connection somewhere in the engine bay.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im not too sure
the pump worked fine wen i got the engine running but there wasnt enough fuel in the lined to keep it goin, and theres about quarter of a tank full. im rly not sure, mayb i just need 2 keep bleeding it?

·
Turbo Power...
7,477 Posts
Well me mate had a problem about the same as yours where fuel wasnt getting throw it turned out to be a kinked pipe that comes from the fuel tank to the pump which was a bit of a mare as the only way you can find out is to drop the tank as the pipe is on the top of it hope this helps

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Have you recently removed the fuel pipes on the bulk head.? If so, make sure you have replaced them the right way round.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i would think that the pipe from the tank to the pump could be split & drawing air.
just checked the forum, wish i hadv before i took my car apart but yer, had the fuel tank off twice, the pipe that goes from the tank to the pump was well past its sell by date, all cushty now, car runs sweet as, thnx 2 every1 anyways.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts