Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, ive been re offered a cav 4x4 8v thats in need of some work, engines fubared and transfare box needs gasket (not sure on that one) but i have a 2.5 miggy sat now, can the miggy loom be used if i put the engine in the cav or do i need to find a cav/cally loom? wheres a good spot to send the transfare box to for repair? is the cav a GSI or are they classed just as a 4x4?

cheers
ian

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Is the Cav pre (SEH) or post (NE) facelift?

That TXB will struggle with the torque of a V6, it is not the same as in the Turbo but a Turbo TXB shouldn't cost you more than about £50 (with no gasket to do). Budget on changing the Accumulator bulb at the same time.

With luck the gearbox will be a F20.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
As Grey sais, to be fair there are a few Turbo TXBs around, as people break them to put in FWD cars.

What the hell is a miggy?

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
migweb user possibly lol.

you can put a v6 in your car but your have to modify the exhuast and induction system. Basically a v6 unit is slightly shorter than a straight 4, so the engine will move over putting out different systems. but your prob have to adapt the v6 exhasut anyway as it wont mate to the system back. also your prob have to use an exhasut from the v6 calibra as the floor pans are differnt between a cavalier v6 exhasut and calibra v6 one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As Grey sais, to be fair there are a few Turbo TXBs around, as people break them to put in FWD cars.

im not sure if its pre facelift, will look next time im out that way!

miggy is an omega, i only signed up to migweb today! not thought about the turbo txb really, the f20 box isnt a major prob as most auto v6's now have the f20box/flywheel in. wish id never sold my cav v6.:shame:
cheers for the advise, its got me thinking, do i find an old cally and do it that way.... oh well, need to sort the bodywork out on the cav first, lucky i have a 1.8 cav sat doing nothing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.