Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone

i've been told today buy an cavvy 16v owner that my cavvy hatch bodyshell wont handle the power of the 2.0 turbo calibra lump.

Is this true........

please help as its dissapointed me

thanks

jay.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what stopping power do you recommend as i will be getting a complete calibra turbo to break ! Will they be ok

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
Just transfer the brakes from the Calibra with a set of aftermarket 4 stud discs

·
CavWeb's Oldguy
4,816 Posts
Your problem is that they are 5 stud brakes on the Cally and you have 4 stud wheels. You can upgrade the front and move the front struts etc over but you can't with the back as the Cally is IRS. You need V6 back brakes which are 5 stud. Unless you run with 5 stud fronts and 4 stud rears!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
where would i get the after market discs from and what do i ask for?????

do i ask for a set of discs for a cav 2.0 8v with the calibra brakes and running gear, i,e engine etc

·
member no 638
2,570 Posts
if your going to use the calibra calipers ask for aftermarket disks and pads for the calibra,so if it`s a turbo ask for calibra 4+4 turbo disks

·
Plastic Fantastic
2,424 Posts
That will be one fast hatch you'll have! :D
Should get the suspension stiffened and get a strutbar both front and rear to further tighten up the body.

Good luck!

C

·
0 Posts
That is the obvious thing to do, but the standard turbo brakes are scarily poor around 100 mph and above. Up to 70 they were pretty good, but it's a 150 mph car, brakes should work at speed! :lmao:

Of course the way to make a car quicker is brakes, suspension, engine, in that order.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Off course the car will have a top notch suspension system (thinking of Koni) want to keep the power on the ground as have no traction control (yeeeepeeeee) but the car also have 17inch rims with 6 speed box with the 2wd conversion.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts