Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Yawn.
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was a bit of a flop for the Club - 4 vehicles, 50% of which were Vauxhalls.

No pics of the group, became only 3 cars in the early afternoon....

Good to have a catch up with @stoneshed , @Matt-SRI & @Aydena though. :)

I walked 2 slow laps of the circuit, took a few photos as normal.

IMG_1066 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1134 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1145 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1175 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1196 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1209 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1253 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1506 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1557 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1672 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1848 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1890 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1960 by djgritt, on Flickr

IMG_1982 by djgritt, on Flickr

More in the Album - not all of the pics mind...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157649876089853/

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Why are these events so unpopular? :( They seem like a right laugh!
Unfortunate injury and a blowout because he had to go to a wedding fair and wasn't allowed to come reduced the numbers on the the day.

As a club member it cost pennies for a ticket to get in, apart from the tedium that is the Skodas understeering round and blowing black smoke, there is plenty to watch and keep people interested, if only to try and work out what is in the proper Mini that means it was quicker than an M3 in a straight line!

Perempting the obvious 'its too far for one day' [email protected], it was a 320-330 mile round trip for me and knowing what to expect as well as catching up with a few mates (over a few beers), its well worth the trip.

Maybe if a few more made a tiny bit of effort things might improve, then again I doubt it.

Changing the regions ruined it all :) :)

·
Team Tommy Tank!
4,415 Posts
Unfortunate injury and a blowout because he had to go to a wedding fair and wasn't allowed to come reduced the numbers on the the day.

As a club member it cost pennies for a ticket to get in, apart from the tedium that is the Skodas understeering round and blowing black smoke, there is plenty to watch and keep people interested, if only to try and work out what is in the proper Mini that means it was quicker than an M3 in a straight line!

Perempting the obvious 'its too far for one day' [email protected], it was a 320-330 mile round trip for me and knowing what to expect as well as catching up with a few mates (over a few beers), its well worth the trip.

Maybe if a few more made a tiny bit of effort things might improve, then again I doubt it.

Changing the regions ruined it all :) :)
240 mile round trip for me too. (In a 205 with fuggin rock hard suspension) I make the effort for the #bants :)

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
One of you suggested it was the 5 cylinder, definately didn't sound like a 4 pot from where we were standing.

That much power with very little obvious signs externally, proper sleeper

Even with the seats folded down to improve CoG and handling :)

Reactions: Matt-SRI

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
Perempting the obvious 'its too far for one day' [email protected], it was a 320-330 mile round trip for me
It's too far for one day! :(
You can answer your own question here George. Why didn't you come? :)
I can't really get time off work or anything atm. Also it's not really a good time, as I'm starting a new job, and I can't exactly leave in the first week to go to a track day! :p

Also I don't want to answer the question when people ask me what mods I have on the Agila, I reply with "a Parrot Kit and some new wheel trims from Lidl"! lol

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Also I don't want to answer the question when people ask me what mods I have on the Agila, I reply with "a Parrot Kit and some new wheel trims from Lidl"! lol
I wouldn't worry about that, the only non factory modification I have is an IO Play kit, but then it is a senoir managers executive spec.

@djgritt turned up in a base spec rep mobile with a blowing exhaust, the Agila would have shone like a diamond in a goats ar5e in comparisson [/Gash Monkey]

·
Matto Matto SQUIZ !!
2,588 Posts
I'd not long broken up with the missus! I still went!

I'd have still loved to empty the van and take it for a blezz round the track.....would have been a chuckle, till I went back to work and they ask how I'd managed to scrub 2000 miles off the tyres in a day :D

Reactions: djgritt

·
Premium Member
1,669 Posts
I'd not long broken up with the missus! I still went!

I'd have still loved to empty the van and take it for a blezz round the track.....would have been a chuckle, till I went back to work and they ask how I'd managed to scrub 2000 miles off the tyres in a day :D
Say that you were late for a job, so you had to drive a little faster than usual! :rolleyes:

·
Yawn.
13,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 20 Posts