Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts
JamesM said:
I'd be up for it for a laugh ... slapping '2' and '3' all the way round ... what was the speed range on the track max and min?

The thing is, I can only afford one main outing this year for the Cav and that'll be our own Billing shenanigans ...

cheers
james
Not sure about minimum speed, but Keith was hitting about 112mph along the straight before braking for quarry. And Vaux_Mark was reaching about 120-125mph iirc at the same point.

SteveW said:
Not sure about minimum speed, but Keith was hitting about 112mph along the straight before braking for quarry. And Vaux_Mark was reaching about 120-125mph iirc at the same point.
Perfect for leaving it in 3rd then ... :lmao:

Think I touched 100 at one point (definitely went over 90), and never went below 40 either! Was fecking easy in my car, 3rd for about 3/4 of the lap, down to second for a couple of bits then up to 3rd and 4th for the straight just before Quarry!

did anybody pay much attention to old reds/big reds (cant remeber which :shame: ) V6?

that thing was going pretty damn well! i was very impressed... :Cool2:

and i do wish i had taken mine out now...

djgritt said:
did anybody pay much attention to old reds/big reds (cant remeber which :shame: ) V6?

I did see him come past a couple of times! Not to bad for an auto with the same standard wallowy suspension as mine! ;)

It's Old Red btw! :Cool2:

djgritt said:

I didn't really get chance to pay much attention to Old Red's Cavalier. Well, apart from when Keith went flying past it on the first (or was it second) lap....... :bananasmi ;)

The drive home was a bit crap though wasn't it? :(

I lost you just after Longbridge Deverill, guess you got stuck behind that Land Rover for a while?

novagal said:
we got stuck behind every bloody slow vehicle on the road.:shame:
JJ and myself had one or two obstacles chucked in out path but the XE soon swept them out of our way :D

Atlantean said:
JJ and myself had one or two obstacles chucked in out path but the XE soon swept them out of our way :D
I think going past that blue golf at erm well erm a certain speed :rolleyes: was a blast,cleared the misfire a bit as well..:lmao:

And after the fun on saturday,plans are in the pipeline for a Calibra track car,stipped out as much as poss,rollcage etc etc etc..

JJ said:
I think going past that blue golf at erm well erm a certain speed :rolleyes: was a blast,cleared the misfire a bit as well..:lmao:
My only thought as we passed him was - the poor chap will sh1t himself with the fright - the Cally came out of nowhere and quite literally almost blew him off the road :lmao:

Atlantean said:
My only thought as we passed him was - the poor chap will sh1t himself with the fright - the Cally came out of nowhere and quite literally almost blew him off the road :lmao:
lmfao..
The drive up was a lot more spirited shall we say,trying to keep up with Keith,Mark and Steve :lmao:
Lost count of the amount of times it passed a ton on the straights :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

JJ said:
lmfao..
The drive up was a lot more spirited shall we say,trying to keep up with Keith,Mark and Steve :lmao:
Lost count of the amount of times it passed a ton on the straights :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Now you tell me you took your eyes off the roar to look at the speedo :eh

21 - 40 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.