Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Castle Combe For Me

11K views 55 replies 18 participants last post by  Old Red 
#1 ·
Not had chance to go through some of the pictures yet, when I am back at my computer I will have a looksie and see what I got.

It's nice to hear the positive comments - makes it all worth while :D

I was quite fortunate I wanted to be at the back of the crowd going on the track, with it being first time, Fluff, Steve and Mark both know how much I was bricking it, and I managed to get to two from the rear :D Gave me opportuity to explore the car and not have to worry too much. Had an enormous amount of fun, and the whole day in iteself was fantastic.

As has been said 100 times already, Bartons drifting ws quite impressive, got some videos of it in full motion on the camera.

Everyone taking part in the spirit of the day was cool.

Had some stranger walk past the stand and he said "see you've even got a standard car" pointing at Morphs car, I replied with "Thats what its all about, having fun is the main focus", he acknolweged and said "very true" ;) Kind of summed up the day really, and the club, everyone welcome - no matter what car it is :D

Roll on September for the next Action Day... mind you got a few to organise in the mean time :D

Massive thanks to SteveW for putting me up the night before.

Was good to meet the usual suspects, and some new faces - and was cool of Pete to come all the way over from Ireland, club dedication :lmao:

Pictures to follow later tonight.

See less See more
#3 ·
Hats of to Marc for organising a fecking excellent day..:up:
Roll on the next one..

#5 ·
goonas-uk said:
Massive thanks to SteveW for putting me up the night before.
No worries matey, you're welcome to stay anytime :)

Although next time I'll have to make sure the hamster doesn't escape so I don't almost frighten you to death first thing in the morning! :eh :lmao:

#7 ·
SteveW said:
Although next time I'll have to make sure the hamster doesn't escape so I don't almost frighten you to death first thing in the morning! :eh :lmao:
oh aye..:rolleyes:

#8 ·
goonas-uk said:
Had some stranger walk past the stand and he said "see you've even got a standard car" pointing at Morphs car, I replied with "Thats what its all about, having fun is the main focus", he acknolweged and said "very true" ;) Kind of summed up the day really, and the club, everyone welcome - no matter what car it is :D
Damn right, and I hope the guy saw me hooning round the track in it too! :Cool2:

Cheers Marc, I know u (and Dave) put an awful lot of time and effort into this club and organising our events and I'll take the liberty of saying that we're all grateful for it. :up:

#18 ·
Dan Gliballs said:
Surprised you didn't go to show 'em who's boss TBH?
Reckon James should come to the next one.

I think Keith may well dispose of him with relative ease :D :D

#19 ·
goonas-uk said:
Was good to meet the usual suspects, and some new faces - and was cool of Pete to come all the way over from Ireland, club dedication :lmao:
I only went because JJ told me there would be beer there :lmao:

Great day Mark well done mate - thinking of September - I might head over ;) JJ and Vampy are still talking to me at least - fair play to them for putting up with me for the weekend :Cool2:

#20 ·
SteveW said:
Originally Posted by Dan Gliballs
Surprised you didn't go to show 'em who's boss TBH?
Reckon James should come to the next one.

I think Keith may well dispose of him with relative ease :D :D
I'd be up for it for a laugh ... slapping '2' and '3' all the way round ... what was the speed range on the track max and min?

The thing is, I can only afford one main outing this year for the Cav and that'll be our own Billing shenanigans ...

cheers
james

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.