Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Former Love Island host Caroline Flack has been found dead in her London flat, her family have confirmed.

A lawyer for the family said the star had taken her own life.

She stood down from the dating show after she was charged with assaulting her partner in December and was due to stand trial next month.

As well as presenting ITV's Love Island she had co-hosted The X Factor and won Strictly Come Dancing in 2014.

The family said in a statement: "We can confirm that our Caroline passed away today, the 15th of February.

"We would ask that the press respect the privacy of the family at this difficult time and we would ask they make no attempt to contact us and/or photograph us."

·
12,304 Posts
More likely to be due to the fact that she was due in court imminently for something that she was fully expected to be found guilty of.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
The law in this country is innocent until PROVEN guilty.

What a waste of tax payers money for the CPS to continue with the case despite the boyfriend withdrawing his support for it to go to court. It seems the CPS were making her out to be something that she wasn't.
She said she was not guilty when she was arrested back in December.

Who hasn't had an argument with their partner and lost their temper at some point?
My view is this was just a domestic argument between them and nothing more than that; had this person not been in the public eye would the CPS still have taken it this far? Somehow I think not.

It seems the pressure of the impeding court case, together with the press harassment and social media trolls got to much for her to handle.

Such a tragic waste of a life, and for what?

It's the people left behind that have to suffer

I hope the CPS and the press will take lessons from this.

·
Super Moderator
25,768 Posts
New domestic violence laws were brought in to protect partners going straight back to an abusive partner which in some cases can lead to the death of that partner.
The police were given powers to seek prosecution when a victim of domestic violence didn’t want to prosecute due to giving the violent partner another chance , sadly that other chance can end up in the death of that person.
I have seen the consequences of a partner letting things go , it doesn’t end well.
If the police & CPS didn’t act people would say it’s because Caroline was famous & she was being treated differently.
All we know is the boyfriend was assaulted whilst he slept by a table lamp & police were called , initially he wanted further action taken & later changed his mind.
The whole reason the law was changed.
We don’t know the state of their relationship but obviously it wasn’t a happy one.
It’s being said this morning that the social media pressure & the newspapers had made her life a misery.
If i was unlucky enough to be famous i would not be on any social media whatsoever.
It’s very sad that Caroline couldn’t see a way of riding out the criticism of others , in this modern social media world people hold others to higher standards than them themselves live up to on a daily basis.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts