Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I am an ovner of Meriva 2011, only 42,000 miles. A month ago an error came up on the dashboard. A mechanic said sensors need changing. Initially, after changing them the error disappeared however the car still overheats. Another garage flushed the cooling system but it did not work. We took it to another garage. We have been told that there is no mechanical fault but issues with ecu . Apparently they could not do dignostics as computer came up with loads of error and after plugging in again no error were found. Mechanic said the fan is working too early, funny enough if the heating is on the car does not over heat. We have already spent £200 and the car is still not fixed. Any ideas please?

·
I refuse to grow up.
16,082 Posts
Hmm ok 1st I don't know what the answer is just not enough info to go on. Is the smoke from the exhaust or from under the bonnet? I would also look for another garage sounds to me as though they are idiots. Find a good garage that will do a carbon test and a dynamic pressure test on the engine coolant.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your answer. My husband said that when the car reaches 90 the fan doesn't work and car overhears and the smoke comes out from the reserve tank until it dries out most of the coolant.

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
Which engine is in the car ?,
most engines run hotter than 90c and the fan won't come on until it gets quite a bit hotter

·
Worn Out Member
6,538 Posts
The 1.4 turbo and non turbo do run hotter than 90c,
It'll be steam coming from the coolant tank,i'd check the cap is ok,all hoses going to the tank are ok and the tank isn't split,
if alls ok then i think the actual water temperature needs checking rather than relying on the gauge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The lid was changed and houses are ok, but not sure about water temp . Do you think it is an issue with ecu that the other guy suggested? Thank you so much

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Do you think it is an issue with ecu that the other guy suggested?
Everyone tries to blame the ecu, usually when they don't know what is actually wrong.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Maybe. But we keep paying and the car is not fixed. We are taking it to the Vauxhall garage on Monday. Let's see what they have to say

1 - 11 of 11 Posts