Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Astra J that has an intermittent fault with the engine cutting out for no apparent reason. I've had the car in with two garages that can't identify any fault, and they've even test drove it with no issues (sod's law!).

I've recently had the crankshaft sensor changed and fitted new battery and spark plugs. When it does conk out it will crank but wont start, after having the AA out twice i've learnt that to restart it i simply have to unplug the coil pack and plug it back in, starts first time and runs for a bit then it conks out again.

Anyone else seen this problem before? and have any leads on where to go with this...

·
Registered
179 Posts
I had this once with an old fiat but have to thought about changing the coil pack as it's starts (better) after a replug.... Are there any fault codes stored?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Worn Out Member
6,724 Posts
It could well be dodgy wiring/connector to the coil pack,it's a regular fault with some engines

·
Premium Member
14,847 Posts
As Valer suggests try the coil pack connector, with the engine running gently move the coil pack plug/wiring about and see if the engine cuts out, if it does then the wires inside the plug are damaged, you can buy replacement plugs with wires on Ebay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts