Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
From what I understand this will happen as the system identifies a voltage drop.

I think if you can find it you can disconnect the "power sounder" we had similar in a 2000 mk4 astra and I stripped the sounder unit and fitted a new internal battery if I remember correctly (however that was just when the alarm was going off for no reason).

What's the reason for removing the battery in your case?
L.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
try to take battrie off alarm goes off vauxhall tigra 1400 2007
From what I understand this will happen as the system identifies a voltage drop.

I think if you can find it you can disconnect the "power sounder" we had similar in a 2000 mk4 astra and I stripped the sounder unit and fitted a new internal battery if I remember correctly (however that was just when the alarm was going off for no reason).

What's the reason for removing the battery in your case?
L.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks for reply water in foot well resealing every were possible
OK, so as above probably best to disconnect the power sounder HOWEVER !!! note these old posts

I'd suggest a thick towel and a dry bucket rather than a bucket of water, and if you have some ear defenders put them on first!!!!!

HTH Laurie.

#13 May 26, 2012

Wife has a tigra alarm chirps every now and then and when driving alarm will go off but still drives guessing its the power sounder I am told its under the wing I guess passenger wing does the splash backs just pop off also is there a multiplug I can just disconnect in the engine bay?

#14 May 27, 2012

when you unplug it cover your ears and have a bucket of water ready, unbolt it then unplug it and throw it in the water as that will kill it and stop it going of

·
Registered
2006 Vectra C 1.8, 2008 Astra Twintop 1.8
126 Posts
If the alarm is otherwise OK and you just need to take the battery off to do some maintenance, loosen the negative battery terminal, but don't remove it, put your keys in the ignition and turn to position 1, then turn back to position 0 and remove the terminal within 30 seconds, that way you can safely disconnect the battery without the alarm sounding, yet you'll still have a functioning alarm once you are done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the alarm is otherwise OK and you just need to take the battery off to do some maintenance, loosen the negative battery terminal, but don't remove it, put your keys in the ignition and turn to position 1, then turn back to position 0 and remove the terminal within 30 seconds, that way you can safely disconnect the battery without the alarm sounding, yet you'll still have a functioning alarm once you are done.

·
Premium Member
15,194 Posts
If i remember right its actually ignition on, then turn it off, run around the car and pull the neg off, dont trip over though and wear a face mask,...lol....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts