Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have looked everywhere for the plug to connect my lambda into on my cav gsi 1990 does it have 1 help?:cry:

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
On my Cav, it plugs into a connection underneath the scuttle panel just behind the coolant expansion tank cap.

Hope that helps :Cool2:

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
Yup,,, but on the 90 version, it shouldnt have one!!!

Why do you want to plug and O2 sensor in??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
have looked there someone else told me that i just cant see it where does the plug come from the loom that runs behind the engine or the loom that comes through from inside the car cheers for your help

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that is what i thought mate but was questioning myself as i guess now someone has put a manifold/downpipe on it from a different car as mine has a lambda in the exhaust but the wires are cut off flush with the top of the lambda cheers for your help chap i can stop looking for something that isnt there now great

·
Whatever!!!!!!
6,482 Posts
have looked there someone else told me that i just cant see it where does the plug come from the loom that runs behind the engine or the loom that comes through from inside the car cheers for your help
Its part of the loom which runs inside the car behind the coolant bottle!!
Should be a 3 pin but as i say,,, it might not have one!!!

Look underneath your car and look at the downpipe,, if the sensor is there direcly under the inlet manifold!
thats were the plug WILL be ;)

·
Premium Member
1,379 Posts
Maybe your car doesn't, or shouldn't have a Lambda sensor.

My connection is part of the main wiring loom and exits the loom covering/sheath/insulation (or whatever it's called!) at the point mentioned previously.

If your car didn't have a Lambda sensor before, why are you trying to install one?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im not trying to put one on when i bought the cav it has a lambda in the exhaust with the wires cut off the car runs fine so i did think maybe it didnt need it and the guy i bought it off had replaced the exhaust and couldnt get one without the lambda so got one with a lambda and cut the wires i really have spent ages looking for this plug that it is meant to connect to and just cant find any plug/wires for it cheers

1 - 9 of 9 Posts