Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all, my vectra has yet again broken. the key no longer works the remote central locking and i can only get in the car by setting alarm off every time. vauxhall say i need a new key at over £140 but i refuse to pay this. is there any way to turn the alarm off? or open doors without setting alarm off? can i take fuse out?
any help will be greatly appreciated.
if only i could blow the bugger up!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
no, as broken

I assume the keyfob battery is ok and you have tried a resync with the car/keyfob?
no as the keyfob is broken. it worked then became harder and harder to use as though 'button' not pressing then didn't work. bought new fob and battery, this didn't work either, garage and vauxhall both say need new key for over £140. tried suggestions inthread, didnt work although they are for vectra b and mine a c. why cant alarm be cut?
thanks, for replies theyre much appreciated

·
Registered
32 Posts
Heres something i used to do when my own fob went tits up its a bit annoying having to do it all the time but its better than waking the neighbours a 5.30 am when going to work.
1 put key in door lock unlock door

2 keep the key turned hard over towards the rear of the car an hey presto your drivers and passenger side windows should open in sync.

3put the key in the ignition through the open window and turn till dash lights are on you should now be able to open the door without the alarm going off as the transponder has recognised the key and turned off the alarm and immobiliser ...Good luck

·
Premium Member
6,377 Posts
if you disable any security device that is factory fitted you will have to tell your insurance co,and watch your premiums go up,as to the price of the key have you tried another dealer? remember the new key is a one piece key which is a flip type,why dont you just bite the bullet and get a new key,compared to some makes vauxhall keys are not that expensive but dealers do tend to vary on how much they charge to program the key

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
had enough

:grrr had enough of the annoying vectra...its going on ebay as had it up to the proverbial 'here'!
thanks evryone for your help, knowing my luck will be back asking for advice for my new car when I get it, haha. bcheers, aidy

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
Good luck with the next one, they seem to be pretty much the same electronically until you go up-market - BMW, Volvo, VW, Audi?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i had this problem with my toyota keyfob, took it to a local hardware / electronics guy, who basically opened it up and resoldered a little wire or something, a bad connection i think due to wear n tear, charged me a tenner. fob worked from then on.

maybe try that, see if you can find somebody,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts