Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to install a portable fliptop DVD player onto the dash of my omega. At the moment, it will not fit on the dash, and open fully(it is hitting the window), so I am thinking about making a slight square cut into the top of the dash in the middle (on the top near the air vents by the window) and cutting out the top plastic bit, and making an opening for where I can put my Portable DVD player and flip the screen open fully for when I want to watch my movies, I will obviously remove it when I lock my car or it will be stolen!

My Omega is a 1996 16v gls saloon I bought for 600 pounds so I am not bothered to much about cutting stuff up.

I am interested if there are any wires or should I be very carefull doing it? I do not want it to effect anything else in the car, eg: electrics etc... Will it be easy to do? Am I the first to try it?

Thank you for your help.:Cool2:

Matt

L

·
0 Posts
I Can't think of anything where you are thinking of doing it.
As long as it is not directly above the vents you should be ok.

Can't help think that it will look a bit weird though....

How about some pics?

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cutting the dash open

I made a small hole and it seems it only goes down about 1.2cm. I do not think this is enough, I then think I hit some kind of metal (not plastic). Interestingly there is a layer of green type foam underneath the top layer of the dash. I think if I were to start tearing it out that foam would go everywhere. lol

I might just get a flat panel TV to plug into my dvd player to go where the cd player is. I just need a stand or somthing now....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts