Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
all being well i am about to change the cambelt and rollers today. Plenty of advice and photos on the site so that should be okay.

My main query is that i also intend putting a new water pump on at the same time. Bearing in mind that the cranklocking tool clamps onto the water pump, how do i change it without disturbing everything.
I was thinking that i carefully get everything lined up put the cam locking wedges in and then ease the crank locking toll anti clockwise enough to allow me to remove the old and fit the new water pump. Then clamp the crank locking tool around the new water pump ensuring thet the mark still lines up i should be alright.

Can someone tell me if i am missing something or looking for a problem where one does't exist.

Thanks Darryl

R

·
0 Posts
No problem mate. We stripe down to the cambelt first. Then we remove the old pump because all that water on a new belt isn't a good idea. Fit new pump, then we move on to changing that belt after fitting the locking kit at this stage.

Easy when you know!

·
Banned
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Another Senior moment !!!!!!!

Finlay,

the reason that i asked that SFQ was that after looking QUICKLY at a diagram i had mistakenly believed the water pump was driven by the cambelt.
Now that i see it is not i should not have asked the question.

Change pump then do timing

As i am now a junior Saga Lout these senior moments seem to be occurring more frequently

Thanks mate kind regards Darryl

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
water pump is driven from the ancillary drive belt in the V6, for what they cost, change it, its less than £30, and its about an extra 20 mins.

You will regret not doing it if it breaks, and dumps the coolant!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts