Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i need some advice ive had problems with running of my astra mk4 1.8 16v i have changed the cam sensor once before but im struggling to get the car to idle now and one min it idles fine then ten mins later it wont idle and i have to keep reving it.. also if i disconnect the cam sensor it makes no difference to the running does anyone think that i need new sensor i cant afford to get it hooked up to a diagnostics many thanks colin

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked codes

ive checked the codes manually by using the shorting out of pins in plug but no codes come up i cant understand why it makes no difference to engine when i unplug cam sensor it just runs the same

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Hi the cam sensor just doubles up the crank sensor info - so the car will run without it - but it will be low on power and will stutter when you pull away - TBH it sounds like maybe the sensor isn't fitted right in to holder - double check it and the plug
cheers
Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.