Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have an 08 Zafira, which drives fine. Last year, I didn't change oil until the low oil sign came up (13 months since service) and after that, the engine was making the noises when idle, typical of the rocker breathing problem that many people suffer from. I bought a brand new rocker cover from vauxhall and fitted it at the garage. The noise remained and reduced for the next 3 months until it stopped.

Now, 10 months later, oil light came on again (less than 5000 miles driven!), and the noise returned, and yes, there is a vacuum which is felt when removing the dipstick, so I got the car serviced and oil replaced. However, the noise is still there when car is idle. It does drive fine, but I've heard that over time this can damage the engine.

Do I need to replace the rocker cover again even though it is under a year old?
Should the noise stop immediately after the rocker cover is replaced, or is it normal to continue for a few months as the case for me last year?

Any advice on this would be appreciated, I don't want to have to fork out for another rocker cover if it isn't needed, and surely this shouldn't recur every year!

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
3,339 Posts
The engine is obviously under suction, this will prevent the oil reaching areas of the engine.
So I suggest getting it to a garage before further damage occurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, my engine code is Z18XER.

Vehicle runs fine, but I'm just wondering if this noise will cause long term damage?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts