Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me i had my cam belt changed at 78,000 miles after only doing 10,000 miles the new cam belt has gone,I am really worried that it has done alot of damage although i was not doing more than 20 miles an hour. I have heard horror stories about cam belts. I have been told it could cost up to £1,000 to fix. I love my car to bits and cannot see her in a scrap yard she is beautiful.Do the heads go every time if a cam belt goes or would i just need a new cam belt. There was no Knocking sound just a wine then she stopped.
PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!:shame:

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Being 8 valve, It is possible that the head will be ok...If it was a 16 valve then it would be certain death.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
8 valver will be okay. My cambelt on a SRi 2.0lt went twice and all that happens is the car stops.The water pump MUST be freed, it rusts to the block, in order to adjust the new cambelt else it will break again soon. Jerry

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Jaybooze said:
The water pump MUST be freed, it rusts to the block, in order to adjust the new cambelt else it will break again soon. Jerry
Some waterpumps are non adjustable, and there is a separate belt tensioner - depends on the age of the car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts