Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya, quick query....

from what I remember the tensioners were the weak part of the cam belt arrangement cause they were plastic??

did they do any metal tensioners for it that would last a bit longer???

thanks
mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh are they???

I remember and this was from a few years back now that the cambelt was the weak area on the C25xe engine and needed cambelt change every 30k miles due to weak tensioners or something like that.....

can anyone else confirm???

my last cambelt was done by vaux in end 2005 with 110k on clock...car now has 148k on it and don't want it popping etc if it should be done asap or it's okay for lots longer..

let me know
many thanks
mark

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, your very right..

seems that the guide time is about 40k.....and as mine was done at 110k it's now on 146k or something so that's 36k or so..

think I'll get the car road worthy and drive for a month or two and then think about getting it done..

safer to stick with vaux for the change (about £400) or buy kit for about £80 and get local mechanic to fit...??

hmmmm

m

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
This has been discussed ad nausium on the Forum (do a search) and someone always points back to the short period when Vauxhall were claiming 80,000 miles/8 years.

At the risk of being accused of shouting:

CAMBELT CHANGE INTERVAL IS 40,000 MILES/ 4 YEARS.

Please don't make TG tear out what little hair he has left! :lmao:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, thanks for the info.

It's been about 5 years since I played with a vaux and was hoping they'd brought out some nice funky tensioners that wouldn't require a change so quickly.... but seemingly not.

thanks
mark

·
xbox enthusiast
1,531 Posts
on trade club the kit from vaux is £99 (£150 retail £135 normal trade) part number 93188674 for the belt rollers and tensioner

you will need to do the water pump aswell as these rarely last much longer than 1 belt they are £22 tc and about £40 retail

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
really???? Just had a look, but seems some people have trouble getting parts for the right price.....do you get a specific trade card or just show your mig card???

ooh two forums to join now!!

is it just parts they give discount on or servicing too??

ta
mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.