Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys my parkers guide says these will do 30mpg 0-60 in 6.2sec and are 204 bhp can you confirm this and whats your opinions of them?

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
30mpg would be at the high end - you'd have to drive steady for that. the 0-60 doesnt sound a million miles out if alls working ok and 204bhp is vaux's figure. to be fair, they're not usually a million miles from it if they're in good nick. as for the car - its a cav with a bit more weight and a bit less space. you'll still get the rusty arches, etc if they're not kept on top of. also the transfer box's go now and then. they're like hens teeth and fetch a very high sum so a lot of people run them in 2wd. then there's the usual stuff to look for like worn interior and bushes/bearings/etc. most are fairly old now too so you can expect a few of the usual older car things.
main things to avoid imo are major rust, blue smoke (turbo or worse) and rattles from the motor.
also look hard for crash damage as calibras seem prone to being bodged after a knock.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cheers budy i notice u drive a 300zx i gt a s13 200sx and turbo give me grief thats y i asked bout calibra

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
i hate to say it but keep the SX. the calibra's got a little more power but they dont drive like a 200. if the turbo's gone upgrade it. if you keep getting them go you'll want the oil line mod the 200's have a nasty bend in the oil line from the turbo that gets clogged and restricts flow, killing turbo's. i've heard that 300zx brakes go on too but not tried it myself. i've got a spare set if you want to have a go though?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 be fair i gave up on mine and broke most of it but as for that oil return pipe mine did go but had all ready choked the turbo cheers mate anyway:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
5,746 Posts
no problem. the calibra turbo's are good motors but they are a little on the porky side. depending on how much you want to spend there are a fair few motors about that will at least keep with them in a straight line.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no problem. the calibra turbo's are good motors but they are a little on the porky side. depending on how much you want to spend there are a fair few motors about that will at least keep with them in a straight line.
cheers mate think i going to keep my astra and have me a mi-16 pug to keep for a toy:lmao:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts