Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to impending divorce and house move, I have to thin my car collection, so my Calibra Turbo LE is up for sale. I thought I’d put it on here first to see if anyone is interested, before maybe putting it on ebay next week.

For anyone unfamiliar with the LE, it is one of the last 50 Vauxhall badged Calibra Turbo’s built ( no. 22 in fact ) – and has the original LE number plaque on the ashtray lid. The LE differs from the standard Calibra Turbo in a number of ways:

Irmscher Motorsport badging on doors and tailgate ( aka flying chips logo )
Irmscher rear spoiler with integral brakelight
6CD autochanger mounted in boot
25mm lower suspension, with Irmscher camber correction bush kit
Champagne coloured BBS RX Alloys

The car also has the Irmscher front spoiler fitted, and will also come with a 2nd hand Irmscher sideskirt kit which I haven’t had time to fit. Other mods are a front strutbrace, PiperX panel filter, cool running thermostat, boost gauge, Courtenay Actuator, and Vmax EVO2 chipset ( allegedly giving 245bhp ). I’ll also include a boxful of odd spares etc. I’ve accumulated, inc. spare ICV, various transfer box parts, spare rear lights, and the original cam & plug covers, actuator, and thermostat. I’ll also throw in a ring binder containing tech info on the 4x4 system and C20LET engine, as well as a file full of receipts, MOTs etc..

Within the last 12 months it has had the following new parts fitted:

Dampers
Front wheel bearings
Timing belt, inc tensioner & rollers
Water pump
Aux drivebelt & tensioner
Tyres – Goodyear NCT5 – only done approx 2000 miles since fitted

The car has now done 97,300 miles, has tax until the end of December and MOT until 21 December, and unusually has fully working 4x4 ( with a switch to disable it if you want to ). Security consists of a Scorpion Cat1 alarm with certificate of fitment, and the car also has a Tracker fitted.

Bad bits – usual wear on driver seat bolster ( see pic ), minor rust areas on doors ( see pics ), areas of the paintwork could be described as tired ( if not exhausted ). LCD display on the OEM headunit is on its way out, and displays only parts of each letter, though radio, cassette, and CD functions work perfectly. A bad earth on the A/C compressor has been bypassed with an extra bit of wire – this has worked fine over the recent hot summer.

Car is located near Blackpool, and I’m looking for around £2400.

Passenger door rust – would be covered by sideskirt kit

Drivers door rust

1 - 4 of 4 Posts