Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have spent the last over an hour searching on here about diagnosing knocking from the front and looking at all the differnt things it could be, so am going to be looking over a few things when i get chance. I reckon it might be the outer cv joints, but not positive yet.

one thing i wanted to add though is that i havent seen anyone explain a noise that happens if the wheels are spun, it sound like i have a huge hole in my exhaust if the wheels spun when pulling off, it does sound very bad. I do however have a small blow coming from the exhaust with normal driving, but when i boot it the blowing seems 10 times worse even at low revs without spinning the wheels i have had it doing it. now ihave been thinking before looking on here that my driveshaft has been popping out causing the weird noises would the cv joint cause this?

any help much appreiated.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Re the exhaust, is it banging on the floor, mine seemed really noisy too until I spent some time re-aligning it. Did it on the overrun too.

·
Registered
68 Posts
have you checked your driveshaft to see if its damaged,
also some had a vibration dampner fitted on the right hand side on certain models chck to see if you had one and if its still there,
good luck :Cool2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts