Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where abouts is the heater matrix on a Calibra V6?? I'm guessing its behind the dashboard, secondly would it be a dash out job to have it replaced??:think

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
@ £445 :eh?

Sorry, just jesting on price, but wouldn't surprised me if it were expensive new.

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ £445 :eh?

Sorry, just jesting on price, but wouldn't surprised me if it were expensive new.
Tbh after having a good think the last week, I'm not fussed how much it costs, I actually feel this car is worth it :D will see what they cost through work and also will see if I can get friendly with Forrest Gate Vauxhall who happen to be next to where I work ;)

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you tried to flush it out?
Make sure you do that before buying a new one!
Not done anything with it yet, its just sat in the workshop as the chap who does all the work on my car is on holiday this week, but I was thinking of having the matrix replaced along with a load of new hoses fitted just so its done really, I just hope the overheating is nothing major still.

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Its not a dash out job but can be a bit of a potch,take out the center console and remove the rear footwell airduct feed from the bottom of the heaterbox.The base of the heaterbox is held up with 4 small bolts the rear of which are quite tricky to undo as theres not a lot of room for the ratchet,once unbolted you need to tilt the base to one side and guide it back past the gearchange rod which is ok unless your matrix is leaking as your heaterbox base will be full of water!!.once you've done this its just a matter of disconnecting the 2 heaterpipes from under the bonnet (bulkhead) which is sometimes easyer from bellow the car depending on what engine then removing the matrix from inside the car.I've done 2 myself,1 aircon and 1 normal and they're both not to bad a job really.

·
Premium Member
1,435 Posts
just been quoted £200, for heatermatrix, fit thermostat housing, mines u/s stripped bolts, change whole unit, oil and filter.

think thats a great price

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't suppose anyone has a pic showing the heater matrix fitted in a Calibra/Cavalier?? :think :D :coke:

·
VxON Elite
1,406 Posts
i bought a genuine new matrix for my cav sri this year from vaux all parts for £59.50 don't know if there the same though ?

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm almost sure the aircon one is diffrent,I did'nt think to get pics at the time.
I thought I kind of had a pic when I took the dash out the GSI but somehow the steering column got in the way on the pic :lmao:

·
Premium Member
2,998 Posts
Always the same,I could have done a few good how2's if i thought of taking pics when doing the jobs.Its not to hard to get too once the console is out.

·
Banned
8,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well as I started my new job today thought I'd get a price on a new heater matrix and if I want one it'll cost me £25 for the part.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts