Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there just got a calibra 2.0 redtop and was looking at the fuse box and there is many missing,was wondering if anyone knows what fuse goes where and what rating they are (drawing would be great).

the first stage igntion light does not come on so am assuming the other things may not work as they should,also the stereo is wired through the second stage ignition and is wired through an iso connector with memory and feed off the one pin.

any information would be great,

jason

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it aint got what fuses should be in it as in amps,counted and there is 10 of of 30 missing.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
jays-cally said:
there is 10 of of 30 missing.
The fusebox won't have all 30 positions used. There will be gaps, eg, day running lights fuse won't be there as that's for other countries, 4x4 fuse won't be there if yours is a 2 wheel drive, electric sunroof won't be there if you don't have one, front fog light fuse won't be there if you don't have front fogs, tow bar electrics fuse won't be there if tow bar not fitted, etc etc.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would it harm the car if i put the fuses in,as the 1st stage ignition there is no lights what so ever but there is as second stage,just got the car so i dont have a clue, went from a peugeot 306 to this big beast calibra so i have only got peugeot knowledge lol.

·
Premium Member
6,814 Posts
If you look at the fuse holders in the box i'm sure there colour coded to the fuses.

Red 10 amp
Blue 15 amp
etc.

No lights on stage one of ignition is normal.

·
Qualified lego bricklayer
9,180 Posts
Mat said:
No lights on stage one of ignition is normal.
Yep. Sure is. Stereo won't auto come on until stage 2. However, the stereo can be manually turned on by pressing the relevant power on button.

·
Cav3 God!
9,048 Posts
vauxhall is age don't use stage I ignition switch, so don't expect anything to happen on I.

Did you use to own a citroen ?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no i used to own a peugeot 306 mate,fully modified.wired the stereo correctly so it switches on with my power button on it,it was wired so it was on 2nd stage ignition through the fusebox,as for the rest of the fuses went to the scrappys and found plenty of calibra's and took a pic of it and copied there positions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts