Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
VxON Overlord
8,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You can see what I did there :rolleyes:

Any of you lot have to frequent the lanes on the way to work, it's either that for me or sit in traffic, so I tend to risk it down the lanes.

This morning I almost killed a horse riding twat (WTF was he doing riding a c*nting horse down a busy road in the peak time anyway!!) I saw him far too late (wasn't expecting a horse as I came round the corner) so coasted past him at 60 mph :lmao: then the usual various cars assumed right of way and almost took my mirrors, it must be weird to drive a car that feels ten foot wide... [email protected] :grrr

Other than that, nice drive to work :lmao:

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Dont get me started about horse riders on our roads.:shake

·
15,300 Posts
I go to work via the back road every day, I barely get stuck behind one car all the way, its alot more interesting, and avoids crawling along at 60 on a very busy DC

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
The village pavements get quite conjested over the 2-300 yards it takes me to push the buggy to the infant school.

Why is it that mums stop to chat in the narrowest areas of the feckin route!!!

·
Likes this.
11,301 Posts
C3MKY said:
They have as much right to be there as cyclists etc.

But they really don't do themselves any favours do they? I mean, as Dave said, they go onto the road at peak times sometimes, when they know it's going to be busy. Add to that the fact that they're usually in twos, riding next to each other so they take up the whole of one side of the road. They'll say that it's safer that way because motorists can't squeeze by no doubt. OK, point taken - but it makes motorists more angry and therefore causes more road rage against horse riders.

Also, they've whinged and moaned (along with the bobble-hat wearing ramblers) that 4x4 drivers are ruining the countryside by LEGALLY driving along byways and RUPPs (Roads Used as Public Paths) so now the government are trying to bring in a law that will ban all motorised vehicles from using RUPPs. FFS they have hundreds and hundreds of miles of bridleways that no motorised vehicle is allowed to use already, what f*cking more do they want.

I know I'm generalising here, in a massive way- because a lot of horse riders and walkers are decent people. But, sod it, the ramblers association think every 4x4 driver is a fast-show-esque "Let's Off Road" type 4x4 driver when we're not. So why the hell shouldn't I think that every horse rider and rambler is a complete f*ckwit.....

[/rant]

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
No country lanes round here just idiots that don't know the width of their cars or how to use roundabouts :grrr

·
15,300 Posts
You sit behind them for ages patiently keeping the car quiet till you can pass and the miserable snooty twats cant even put their hand up to thank you.

Another thing, on the roads you have to give them a wide bearth etc, I bet if you were going across a field in their domain, they wouldnt give way to you.

TBH, if the road is wide enough I dont even bother to slow down now.
Fcuk em!

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,825 Posts
It's when I come round a bend on one of the lanes round here, and I'm met by the back of THREE funkin horses side by side,.......................I mean THREE ABREAST FFS!!!!!

Madness.

·
Premium Member
1,832 Posts
Will quite frequently use the backlanes around the edges of the New Forest to avoid the main cngested roads at certain times.....

often due to the speed limits because of the free roaming animals it doesnt actually save any time, but is infinitely preferable to being stuck nose to tail, glued to someone elses bumper sucking in their fumes.

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
I rekon horses should have to start displaying road tax and have MOH tests and stuff.

Wonder what the insurance would be on a 1HP 4 leg drive stallion?

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
C3MKY said:
Doesn't have to be roads with those idiots Micky.

A few years ago I was flying my kite on St.Annes beach, early morning on a weekday with hardly anyone about. I was over 200 yards out from the sand dunes with absolutely no-one around, quietly minding my own business when two brainless bitches decide to start riding their horses up and down the beach 30 yards in front of me right under where I'm flying my kite.

Bearing in mind there was at least a mile on either side of me of empty beach and that I'd been flying in this spot for over 20 minutes before they turned up, I did the only reasonable thing in the circumstances - I started doing very low and very fast passes at head height across the beach. After nearly knocking one of these retards off her horse they both decide to sod off to another part of the beach and leave me in piece. Stupid cows.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
cyclists wearing mp3 players while on the road get on my nerves, they cannot hear you coming and so sit in the middle of the road. they must want to be killed

·
Likes this.
11,301 Posts
kev25v6 said:
cyclists wearing mp3 players while on the road get on my nerves, they cannot hear you coming and so sit in the middle of the road. they must want to be killed
:lmao:

That's not a new thing. Many a time I nearly died whilst doing my paper round listening to my walkman when I was 13 :Cool2: :eh

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
mate of mine almost ended up under a car because of a fookin horse rider.

letting it sh*t in the middle of the road on a junction.

front wheel went in it as he was braking and slipped out from under the bike.

before you say owt, it was old poop, not a fresh lot, so had time for the top to crust and dry out (just hadnt underneath)
anyways, hairy bastards shouldnt be on the roads.

or the horses the women ride on!

·
Registered
28 Posts
ADA-V said:
mate of mine almost ended up under a car because of a fookin horse rider.

letting it sh*t in the middle of the road on a junction.

front wheel went in it as he was braking and slipped out from under the bike.

before you say owt, it was old poop, not a fresh lot, so had time for the top to crust and dry out (just hadnt underneath)
anyways, hairy bastards shouldnt be on the roads.

or the horses the women ride on!
but whilst i hate horses, the women who ride them in the rain get really rough hands..................think about it!

C

·
0 Posts
Scraped the paint off some womans mirror down a country lane today. You know how women are with judging the width of the vehicle, we were in the hedge and she was 3ft from hers. Asked if I felt us hitting her mirror, said not really in an 18 ton lorry :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
The amount of times I've come round a corner to be faced by a Horse and rider stood in the middle of the road........

TWATS!!!

C

·
0 Posts
Can't really moan about horses, they were around long before cars (I know they don't pay road tax).
If you drive so you can stop within the distance you can see to be clear you won't fly round a corner and nearly hit anything (44 ton artic for example, broken down).
:Cool2:

·
Premium Member
5,763 Posts
A 44 tonne artic in a country lane?

1 - 20 of 54 Posts