Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new to this forum. For about 2 weeks i have noticed alot of oil was leaking under the car. I put some oil in and ran the engine to find that oil is spewing down the right side of my meriva. It is a vauxhall meriva enjoy 1.6 8v so its not your typical 16v. Looks like a corsa engine. Can i patch this up myself if so how can i do it and what do i need to do so. Photo below

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
That looks like the breather pipe split from the rocker cover down to the crankcase. Will need a new pipe to rectify, a little fiddly but not too bad a job in competent hands.

Nick.

Reactions: redsarebest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh hey thanx man. Ive ordered the hose i will fit once delivered. Also any ideas where the oil leak is as its pretty much all down the right side on the engine as seen in picture. Oil leaks each time i put some in and empties within a day.

·
"Red One.."
2,873 Posts
Well it'll lose oil out of that pipe, also rocker cover gaskets can leak too. These engines can be oil burners also. I'd clean all the oil off best as possible and then visually check where the source of the leak is.

Nick.

Reactions: redsarebest

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you for y our help. That explains alot the issues im having. I will let you know once ive fitted it or run into any issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.