Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone
I have just bought my first cara Corsa d 1.2 2014 model

My car was driving fine then cut out while driving all dashboard lights come on and l had to pull off the road. I tried restarting it fired but ran lumpy for a few minutes then stopped, then would turn over but not fire. I was told that it was probably my crankshaft sensor, so l got a replacement and began to change the sensor. I couldn’t think of a more awkward and very restricted position to have this placed..
Anyway here is my problem . I managed to remove the bolt securing the sensor but it wouldn’t budge?
I began trying to prize it out and the securing lug broke off. The sensor does seem to move, rota or nothing now l have a broken terminal sticking out and l can’t seem to budge it. Can anyone please give some advise on how to free this. I am new on here and would like to thank all for hopefully some advise. Thanks once again guys..

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Your post heading, for a start they do not make a sensor for a snapped/broken crank, they make a crank knock sensor, have you checked the crank ( sump off ) or checked the camshaft as I think these camshafts are pron to snapping, have you tried getting a pair of pipe grips on the knock sensor to shift it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts