Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I wanted to PM a certain someone about an OpCom but I don`t have the cred.

I'm looking to fix my 2007 Corsa D that's been used very sparingly over the last two years, battery went flat and now an F is showing and won't crank (but the diesel pump spins). It was cranking before I disconnected the battery, just too slowly due to low voltage (was reading about 11.3, dropping lower when the diesel pump was priming. Looking on forums it seems I need to reprogram (or buy a new and reprogram) a BCM, can I do that through the OpCom? I used a cheap Bluetooth OBD2 to reset codes (even though it was not seeing any) and it cranked once... full power as the battery was charged, but the car was just not starting. Then nothing since. Even the OBD2 readers struggle to talk to the car now (one Foxwell and one chinse bluetooth). Sometimes they do most time they don`t. Which makes me worried there`s some wire issues and not just that the battery went flat.

It sucks that I bought cheap insurance that charges by mile so I have to have an OBD thingy plugged in so I can`t keep the battery disconnected like I did last year.

In any case, I've been meaning to buy an OpCom for a long time.

Thank you

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
1,103 Posts
If the engine fault lamp is not blinking, its nothing to mess about with BCM.
Have you change the battery yet, if not, what do you wait for?
Second, if you see F, that's usually a communication issue, which is probably your ecu gone swimming? If so, I would ditch the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If the engine fault lamp is not blinking, its nothing to mess about with BCM.
Have you change the battery yet, if not, what do you wait for?
Second, if you see F, that's usually a communication issue, which is probably your ecu gone swimming? If so, I would ditch the car.

Thanks for the reply. To answer the what am I waiting for question first: this happened right before I went on holiday and came back badly injured so the car is not a priority. Plus I have exams atm. I will replace the battery, but I can't imagine it would magically fix the issue? The old battery is only 2 years old and wasn't completly dead (11.3 volts and charged correctly over 24 hours to 12.4 or so) the one time it did crank - it was cranking as fast as I've ever heard it for many seconds until I gave up because there was no sign of the engine actually starting.

If it is the ECU, why would I ditch a perfectly good car? I changed the ECU on my old Clio, it wasn't crazy expensive, couple hundred. The engine has never had an issue - car was running really well for its age, it would be a shame to get rid of it.

·
Registered
Tigra Twintop 1.8 AT Z18XE AF17
1,103 Posts
12.4 is a dead battery.
Good luck finding a good ecu for that car and someone able to actually program it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I'm going to change the battery and get an opcom to read anything that can be read. I'd rather waste a few hundred on it before I give up completly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
12.4 is a dead battery.
I was curious so today I actually ventured out to the car (as I said I've been pretty much bed ridden due to torn ACL&MCL in my knee).

Sure enough, after charging it less than a month ago it's now completly dead. So new battery and opcom on the way I'll see if I can salvage it. I bow to the master. Thanks for the help.

·
17,194 Posts
A good battery should achieve 12.7 to 12.8V.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just a quick update: my ECU is completely oxidized. Luckily I found a couple of people able to fix it, one on ebay and another a friend but in my home country and I'm scared to send it off overseas, haven't had a great experience with packages oversees since the happening.

I've cleared the leaves from the drains, great piece of engineering that.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Hood Bumper Automotive exterior

1 - 9 of 9 Posts