Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Fire started by one of the children?

Yep..... suuuuure.

Nice newer car too, and all that and my mum who can't stand on her own 2 feet got told if she wanted any substancial benefit then she'd need a nurse to come round and 'aid' her.

·
KIWI meaty girl...
3,280 Posts
I used to think China's Communist attitude where they restrict families to one child per couple was barbaric and unfair but on reading that, there has to be controls put in place.

Slightly off topic, did you know that Polish immigrant workers here can claim tax credits for children that live in Poland?! :shake

·
15,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I totally agree that unless you can afford to support your own kids, you shouldnt be allowed to have them

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Blimey - news is slow to get to London. That story is about a month old! :lmao:
indeed - I had contemplated posting it a while back when I saw it on another forum.. they had a link to the Daily Mail page at the time...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=470335&in_page_id=1770&in_page_id=1770&expand=true#StartComments

some of the outraged comments are priceless.

Personally I think the shameless bastards should be turfed out of it and the lazy gits of parents forced to work....

·
Premium Member
3,121 Posts
having both worked hard all our lives, and get very little to nothing in return......but at least what little we have we have earned it, and at the end of the day it is better to not work, have loads of kids, sponge off the government.............. i guess we have to work a bit harder to pay for the likes of these people, i might do some overtime!!!!

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
Slightly off topic, did you know that Polish immigrant workers here can claim tax credits for children that live in Poland?! :shake
While we are on the subject of tax, did you know if a foreigner has a prayer room in their home in the uk, they don't have to pay council tax? :shake

·
Degenerated!!
2,540 Posts
Evidentally, I need to knock some kids out, be of east eurpoean origin and have a prayer room...

I have the latter.. the bedroom... God is called for many a time :lmao:

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
well must say that although £44,00 a year sounds a lot of cash. your average family with both parnets working and 2.4 kids prob earn that a year. but you do the maths here.

They receive the equivalent of £44,000 a year in benefits, a figure made up of:

£1,500 a month housing benefit; so thats ya mortgage / rent ( normally £500 or so for me )

£1,200 a month child tax credit + £560 a month child benefits: so thats £1760 a month for 12 kids ( £146 per child ) or £36.50 a week

£280 job seeker's allowance: for the bloke and his wife so that £140 a month each or £35 a week ( the same as the kids get. )

£1,600 a year in council tax: Becuse he is living in a huge house i paid £1100. for my 2 bed ex-council house ( now his snobby neighbours are paying £500 a year more than me and they got 5 bed mansions )

so he gets a total of £3673 a month.

Take off his council tax and rent he gets about £2000 a month or £500 a week total family income and with that he has to fed and cloth 14 people.

well guys how many of you earn total family income of £35.70 per head.

out of that £500 he has to pay Gas Electric water phone ect plus wekly shopping ect.

the comments in that story that boil my piss is from the neighbours.....

"neighbours said the family were the 'wrong sort' and shouldn't be there"

"Another female neighbour in her sixties, who declined to be named for fear of retribution, said: "They're the wrong sort of people for round here."

ok the family have taken things to the extreme but comments about don't have kids you can't afford are based on the number of kids they have. Everyone here that has kids could find themselves in a situation where they have great jobs one day and then out of work the next trying to support the family on what benifits they are entitles too. That would be the same benfits that everyone is slating this guy for getting. She had 5 kids from another relationship (well thats not his fault or hers)

Although did anyone notice this ???

"Former book-keeper Samantha, 35, had five children from a previous relationship when she married Carl, who used to work as a door-to-door salesman. They are Craig, 16, Adam, 14, Jack, 13, Rebekah, 11, and Harry, nine."

and then this

"Paul and Samantha have eight children together and she has four from a previous relationship, making 12 in total."

Now as far as i am concerned yes i think it is wrong the bloke went on having kids when he could not afford the ones he already had but you can't make rules for 1 family rules have to be there for everyone and i can tell you that the benifits system does not leave you with any money to spare. In some case you are entitled to claim one benifit but then you lose the money off another one. Some people out there unlike this guy do not set out to claim everything they can and have kids just for the sake of it.

The bloke tried to work ....

"The last job I had was in 2000 or 2001 when I was working at ASDA earning £300 to £350 a month. I did this for ten weeks and at that time my housing benefit was cut from £1600 to £800 a month so it just didn't make sense for me to carry on working."

one point i am happy with. AT LEAST HE IS BRITISH. HE MAY BE A SPONGER BUT HE IS A BRITISH ONE :Cool2:

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
What I'd like to know, is if they're on Job Seeker's allowance, and there is plenty of work available in that area, as stated.... how much seeking are they really doing?

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Eddy - sorry - you cannot defend these people..

they are loafing, idle funkers and the man's (dads) comments indicate that much, and the mother is much the same.

And if the people don't think they are the right sort for that neighbourhood, while it may be un-PC to say that, it is patently obvious that it is true.

god knows I would NOT want that chavtastic family and their, eh, colourful names living anywhere near me.

It is an out and out abuse of the benefits system and another sign that the whole benefits scheme in this country needs over-hauled. The welfare system was, in conception, there to help people in times of real need, not be non-career choice for the terminally lazy.

cnuts!

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
I believe they should get them to do community work while claiming Job seakers. They should have to contribute to society in some way and having kids is not a contribution when we live in a country that is over crowded and doesn't need a bigger population.

I do beleive in a benefit system as I would have been homeless at the age of 11 without it when my farther left but my mother went out to work as soon as she was able even though she got less money then she could have got by staying on benefits. It does need a complete change though as there are too many departments involved who don't work together.

·
Premium Member
1,734 Posts
Don't work together? Half of them don't know the other half exists :shake
yeah - you would not believe how much the civil service and various commissions and quango's were expanded under Neu Arbeit - Blair/Brown created an army of useless civil servants that are in dire need of streamlining.

·
***VxON Photographer of the year 2007***
3,052 Posts
I do beleive in a benefit system as I would have been homeless at the age of 11 without it when my farther left but my mother went out to work as soon as she was able even though she got less money then she could have got by staying on benefits. It does need a complete change though as there are too many departments involved who don't work together.
Thats true

a mate of mine is on DLA due to cancer and epilepcy he recently changed banks and the DWP entered the wrong details into the system and sent his money to the wrong person.

When he never got his benifits he called up to find out why and they told him they had paid it then read back his bank details to him and they were correct. After he chased the bank up and confirmed no money had been paid he called them back and they checked and found out it had gone to the wrong person. They told him the account dept had made a mistake. They then told him that they could not give him the money UNTIL they had got the money back from the other account. 2 months later he is still waiting for it he has been paid the money for the last 2 months but is still waiting for them to correct the original payment. They said oh we are still waiting to get the money back FFS.

so he has to suffer because they screwed up

·
Premium Member
940 Posts
I believe they should get them to do community work while claiming Job seakers.
It's being initiated, that idea.

My bro was on job seekers for a short period of time. Well, about 4 months.
Near the end, he was told of a new initiate being bought in.
If you don't find a job in 4 weeks, you have to do charity work (charity shops, etc).

Not too sure on the idea. See, as we live about 5 miles out of town, and he can't drive (vicious circle - no money for driving lessons, can't drive to a job).
They said he'd have to come in to town, and work. A taxi to town costs about £10 one way. He'd get £96 every 2 weeks.
He explained this to them, and their response was, "well, that's your problem..." :grrr

1 - 20 of 62 Posts