Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Rascal
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are there for a reason.

This is what happens when you take a hi-lift lorry under a low bridge. This was new only 2.5 years ago, and the hydraulic jacks are all bent as well as this, so its likely a write-off. Not cool. Also screws us at work because of the other 2 trucks we have, one of them only does small aircraft, and the other one which does all sizes of aircraft is off the road...

·
Rascal
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the guy who was driving it forgot that he was in a lorry and not a minibus.

And no, it was not me, for I do not hold an HGV licence

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Cab looks like 7.5 tonne .
Isn't that OCS Churchill ? The stocktakers .

·
Rascal
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Looks like a 7.5 tonner?
Dont you have those on your licence?
No, I don't. Its an Atego cab and chassis, but the back end has been custom built. However, its not a very long vehicle. I don't know how much the hydraulics add, but the back is basically a box with a few seats in.

Cab looks like 7.5 tonne .
Isn't that OCS Churchill ? The stocktakers .
Yeah, its part of the same group, finger in every pie.

Someone's in for a disciplinary on Monday.

Thought taking photos airside is a bit of a no-no?
this happened on Wednesday. I went out to look, photos were being taken for accident reporting by the company. The guy was driving was very calm when he called it in, I got over the radio "Alex, can you send someone round, I've just driven under the bridge in the highlift" and he was very calm.

That photo ISN'T from airside, tis from our MT department at our head office in Crawley. So its fine to take photos there! ;)

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,799 Posts
D'oh!

Normally beridge height restrictions have quite a factor of safety added to them as well!

If a bridge is 12' 1" in height, the signed height is rounded UP to the NEXT 3" increment (12' 3" in this case), then another 3" is added to it - making the eventual sign 12' 6".

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
D'oh!

Normally beridge height restrictions have quite a factor of safety added to them as well!

If a bridge is 12' 1" in height, the signed height is rounded UP to the NEXT 3" increment (12' 3" in this case), then another 3" is added to it - making the eventual sign 12' 6".
Are you sure it's not the other way around?

Why would someone put a 12'6" sign on a 12'1" bridge? People would crash into it all the time.

·
CavWeb Hooker
7,799 Posts
It might be...

Glad you're reading correctly.

Too much beer makes Carl a stupid boy. The 12' 1" bridge would be signed 11' 9".

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
If Alex's license is the same as mine, and passed after 1994 or something, it'll have him licensed upto 3.5t. Effectively LWB van limit.

Did the retard get the boot btw?

·
Rascal
11,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If Alex's license is the same as mine, and passed after 1994 or something, it'll have him licensed upto 3.5t. Effectively LWB van limit.

Did the retard get the boot btw?
He's not a retard, he's a good bloke, just did something rather stupid. no idea whats happening to him, nobody was injured or put at risk, its just done a lot of damage. The vehicles are all insured up to the hilt in case they have any accidents involving aircraft...

·
Jeff fa faaa
8,454 Posts
I did some work at Gatwick when i was about 18, and someone from my company put his hi-lift into a 737 wing :lmao:
bet he **** a brick or 2 :lmao:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts